Heidi Denney and Jessica Pettyjohn recently spotted a toddler walking along a busy Effingham Street wearing only a diaper. Effingham Police Chief Jason McFarland said their quick assistance may have averted a tragedy. The chief presented Denney and Petteyjohn with Citizen Service Awards.
- Area students named semifinalists for National Merit Scholarship
- Mexican restaurant wants Dairy Bar site
- Florida woman killed in Saturday crash in Effingham
- David Seiler, local columnist: The sky is not falling in Illinois
- Very Superstitious: Friday the 13th under a full moon
- Raising the Bridge
- Farmer's daughter remembers dad through photography
- Sur's dedication went beyond love of the game
- Sigel man assists in Army National Guard training
- Should farmers market vendors move to sidewalk?