Tim and Lisa Mueller welcomed their first grandchild into the world on a November morning in 2017. That afternoon they learned Tim had colon cancer. For the Neoga High School track coach, the diagnosis was just another hurdle.
Kaitlin Cordes covers Effingham County, police and courts and sports features for the Effingham Daily News. She earned a bachelor's degree in journalism from Eastern Illinois University. Cordes is a native of Effingham.
- Regulating short-term rentals at Lake Sara: $2K permit fee discussed
- Forensic audit requested for Shelby County
- Little support in Springfield on Blagojevich commutation
- Stevens Industries welcomes Shawn Finney as CFO
- Mason man dies in two-vehicle crash
- February grand jury indictments
- 02-21-2020 Police Blotter
- Volunteers go bald for girl battling cancer
- 02-21-20 Effingham County Jail Bookings
- Effingham man charged with patronizing minor prostitute