A sizeable crowd gathered Saturday evening in downtown Effingham for a block party to support Operation Blackhawk. The organization was founded in 2007 by local businessmen Paul Guttman, Boris Bonutti and Bob Lakin, along with veterans Bob Ferguson and Dennis Brown, to provide assistance to area military families left behind when the local U.S. Army National Guard were deployed overseas.
Charles Mills is reporter and videographer for the Effingham Daily News. A 1983 graduate of Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, he worked as senior video editor for a Nashville television station. He is a native of Vandalia.
This Week's Circulars
Faye Miller age 90, of Newton, Illinois passed away Thursday, December 12, 2019 at her son's home in Long Beach, Mississippi. Arrangements are pending at the Crain Funeral Home, Newton. Online condolences may be offered at www.crainfuneral.com.
- Dieterich man sentenced to 15 years for sexual assault
- Altamont discusses recreational marijuana sales
- Effngham woman injured in rollover accident
- Jail Bookings
- Teacher retention contributes to exemplary performance for Beecher City school
- Grading Unit 40
- Man sentenced to 3 years for unlawful possession of weapon
- 12-11-2019 Effingham Police reports
- Neoga Closer Look: 'Rockhounds' have collected 7,000 rocks
- Man charged with burglarizing vehicles at St. Anthony H.S.