Republican Sen. Mitt Romney of Utah said Tuesday he supports voting to fill the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat on the Supreme Court, all but ensuring President Donald Trump has the backing to push his choice to confirmation over Democratic objections that it's too close to the Novem…
The legislation will provide one-time direct payments to Americans of $1,200 per adult making up to $75,000 a year and $2,400 to a married couple making up to $150,000, with $500 payments per child.
An Altamont Community High School graduate says she has been stripped of the “2019 Ms. Nevada State” crown and banned from the national Ms. America pageant because of her outspoken support of President Donald Trump and her conservative political views. Pageant officials say her social media …
Effingham County is among the few counties in this area that does not post election results online.
This Week's Circulars
Ronald E. O'Dell, 60, of Altamont, died at 1:08 p.m., Sunday, June 13, 2021 at home surrounded by his family. Graveside services will be held at 10:00 a.m., Saturday, June 19, 2021 at Sidener Cemetery, rural St. Elmo with Robert O'Dell officiating. Visitation will be from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m., F…
- Secretary of State warns of scams targeting Illinoisans
- Lake Sara grapples with wake problem
- Two arrested on meth charges
- Jason Plummer: Gov. Pritzker and his party set to force massive utility rate increase to fund Exelon/ComEd bailout
- Coaching brings father and daughter together for a special season
- ON TO PEORIA: St. Anthony defeats Marissa (Coulterville) to advance to the program's first state semifinal
- Vaccinated Illinoisans automatically entered into $10 million lottery
- Unit 10 appoints 2 new board members
- Montrose residents organize tractor ride for village sesquicentennial
- Community shows support for state champions with celebration