Today is Monday, Oct. 26, the 300th day of 2020. There are 66 days left in the year.
In this column, I’m writing about two different families with roots in Jasper County, Illinois. The Cooley family were small farmers and the Crews family were farmers with a lot of acreage. Both had large families and strong work ethics. Both families had at least one family member move to E…
All of them died at St. Anthony Hospital sometime between 1925 and 1945. Beyond that, they had little in common. These profiles illustrate the rich and continued diversity among the patients seen at the local hospital over a 20-year period.
- EHS student seriously injured in crash Tuesday evening; Unit 40 asks for prayers -- but can't accommodate outside visitors
- Fifth person charged in connection to Olney murder
- Effingham woman killed in accident
- Duncan's health improving following accident
- Altamont Unit 10 seeking new superintendent
- Heroes Honored: Effingham Fire Department commends actions of 6 residents
- UPDATE: EHS students gather in support of Tristin Duncan
- Effingham man pleads guilty in robbery case
- Three arrested on mob action charges
- The day the music died; concert promoter struggles during pandemic