The Effingham County Health Department received notice Friday of nine new positive cases of COVID-19. Residents testing positive range in age from teens to 60s.
- Letter to the Editor: Jasper County taxpayers: Keep your eye on school bonds
- Partial demolition of Village Square Mall scheduled for next week
- Big Tipper: Woman uses social media to give huge tips to servers around Effingham
- Fraudulent jobless claims soar
- 12-2-20 UPDATE: State reports 238 COVID-19 deaths in past 24 hours, including 7 from area counties
- A quieter Black Friday: 'There’s just not as many people out'
- Hometown Christmas: Santa’s coming to town, socially distanced
- Illinois teachers say COVID-19 struggles mounting
- Effingham County health officials brace for COVID-19 surge
- Small businesses manage growth in an unpredictable year