Ten third-year medical students from Virginia are living in the Effingham area this year, learning from doctors at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital.
MATTOON — When it comes to making people better employees, the Center for Business and Industry at Lake Land College wants to help.
The acclaimed Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities program build’s the business leaders of tomorrow by introducing high school students to the area’s successful business leaders of today.
EFFINGHAM — Committees working on a plan to build an academy that will train adults and high school students for vocations aren’t deterred by the lack of state funding. Wheels are turning and the program’s launch is around the corner.
A survey of area business leaders that began Monday will give economic development experts data to help companies fill job openings.
Tradespeople across the region began recognizing several years ago that as people in their professions retired, fewer young workers stepped in to replace them.
At the end of 2015, the Illinois Commerce Commission approved a multi-state power line, the Grain Belt Express, which would cut across parts of Shelby and Cumberland counties.
With all the rumblings about the “War on Coal,” production of it in Illinois has actually been steadily increasing over the last decade, nearly doubling since 2003.
When oil prices dropped off in recent years, it put the practice of high-volume hydraulic fracturing on simmer in Illinois for the time being.
The City of Effingham’s planning map is a decade old. Its dotted lines for “proposed” roads and colorful shapes for “future” development have, in many cases, taken shape by now.
- Letter to the Editor: Effingham County, a pandemic and a wedding reception
- Effingham's Got Talent: Austin Weinstock advances to final round of America's Got Talent
- Letter to the Editor: Regarding vote by mail letter sent by Secretary of State’s Office
- Altamont woman dies following accident
- Camp Wassatoga near to having new operator
- Pritzker defends decision on high school football
- Family of golfers: Macy Ludwig finds success on the golf course
- From Jasper County to Effingham County
- Altamont approves fountain project; rejects hiring an engineer for water main replacement
- Dieterich woman receives governor's volunteer award