Bob Ferguson remembered when he was a young professional and searching for a way to network with his peers.
Ten third-year medical students from Virginia are living in the Effingham area this year, learning from doctors at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital.
MATTOON — When it comes to making people better employees, the Center for Business and Industry at Lake Land College wants to help.
The acclaimed Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities program build’s the business leaders of tomorrow by introducing high school students to the area’s successful business leaders of today.
EFFINGHAM — Committees working on a plan to build an academy that will train adults and high school students for vocations aren’t deterred by the lack of state funding. Wheels are turning and the program’s launch is around the corner.
A survey of area business leaders that began Monday will give economic development experts data to help companies fill job openings.
Tradespeople across the region began recognizing several years ago that as people in their professions retired, fewer young workers stepped in to replace them.
At the end of 2015, the Illinois Commerce Commission approved a multi-state power line, the Grain Belt Express, which would cut across parts of Shelby and Cumberland counties.
With all the rumblings about the “War on Coal,” production of it in Illinois has actually been steadily increasing over the last decade, nearly doubling since 2003.
When oil prices dropped off in recent years, it put the practice of high-volume hydraulic fracturing on simmer in Illinois for the time being.
The City of Effingham’s planning map is a decade old. Its dotted lines for “proposed” roads and colorful shapes for “future” development have, in many cases, taken shape by now.
- Vandalia teens die in crash
- Woman killed Monday in Fayette County accident
- Arson defendant pleads guilty
- Regarding Recreational Cannabis: More discussion and a vote in Effingham on Tuesday
- Pals Electric Inc. earns national award
- Judge announces run for Illinois Supreme Court
- Ground broken on new Teutopolis Banquet Hall
- Altamont creates innovative curriculum program for students
- 11-15-2019 Effingham County Jail bookings
- Preparing for legal cannabis