Bob Ferguson remembered when he was a young professional and searching for a way to network with his peers.
Ten third-year medical students from Virginia are living in the Effingham area this year, learning from doctors at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital.
MATTOON — When it comes to making people better employees, the Center for Business and Industry at Lake Land College wants to help.
The acclaimed Creating Entrepreneurial Opportunities program build’s the business leaders of tomorrow by introducing high school students to the area’s successful business leaders of today.
EFFINGHAM — Committees working on a plan to build an academy that will train adults and high school students for vocations aren’t deterred by the lack of state funding. Wheels are turning and the program’s launch is around the corner.
A survey of area business leaders that began Monday will give economic development experts data to help companies fill job openings.
Tradespeople across the region began recognizing several years ago that as people in their professions retired, fewer young workers stepped in to replace them.
At the end of 2015, the Illinois Commerce Commission approved a multi-state power line, the Grain Belt Express, which would cut across parts of Shelby and Cumberland counties.
With all the rumblings about the “War on Coal,” production of it in Illinois has actually been steadily increasing over the last decade, nearly doubling since 2003.
When oil prices dropped off in recent years, it put the practice of high-volume hydraulic fracturing on simmer in Illinois for the time being.
The City of Effingham’s planning map is a decade old. Its dotted lines for “proposed” roads and colorful shapes for “future” development have, in many cases, taken shape by now.
This Week's Circulars
Jerri J. (Brown) Hutton, 68, of rural Stewardson, IL, passed away on Monday, July 26, 2021 in HSHS St. John's Hospital in Springfield, IL. Funeral services will be held at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, July 31, 2021 in Brummerstedt Funeral Home in Stewardson. Burial will take place in Stewardson Ce…
Kathryn Y. Hartley, age 97, of West Frankfort (previously Benton), IL died on Monday, July 26, 2021 at the home of her daughter in Effingham while in the care of HSHS Hospice. Services will be held at Union Funeral Home, 213 E. Oak St., West Frankfort on Saturday, July 31, with visitation fr…
- Effingham Quiet Zone takes effect
- Judge rules in favor of city in Village Square Mall case
- EffingHAM-JAM draws crowd to Downtown Effingham
- Jim Nowlan, Guest Columnist: McDonald’s made my day
- Gesture of kindness for two-time cancer survivor
- Pritzker ‘looking at all possible mitigations;’ masks mandated at driver facilities
- County board discusses FOIA requests
- Effingham County at substantial risk for virus spread; health officials advise everyone to mask up indoors
- Bailey talks policy, elections at Effingham campaign stop
- Unit 40 uncertain on requiring masks as CDC updates guidelines