The two candidates for Illinois’ U.S. Senate seat challenged each other’s records on women’s rights, abortion access, guns and a bevy of other issues in a candidate forum Monday where little middle ground was found.
Support local journalism
Local news, sports and entertainment when you want it.
Please consider subscribing so we can continue to bring you the best local news, sports and entertainment coverage.
This Week's Circulars
- COLLEGE SIGNINGS: McDevitt, Harper, Hull to continue baseball careers; Cunningham twins to Frontier
- Dieterich mural defaced by vandal
- WEDNESDAY PREP ROUNDUP: Austin Wittenberg scores 26 in WSS boys basketball's win; Nelson becomes Altamont's all-time leading girls' basketball scorer with 22 against Newton
- NORTH SIDE WINS BRAGGING RIGHTS: St. Anthony defeats Effingham behind strong play from underclassmen; James Niebrugge leads Teutopolis to win over Mattoon in St. Anthony Turkey Tournament
- Joey Niebrugge, Garrett Gaddis step up for Teutopolis in loss to Breese Central
- BIG SHOT BOEHM: Altamont's Claire Boehm delivers in 53-51 win over Effingham; Lilly Kessler dominates against Flora in Newton Bob Kerans Tournament: Altamont's Claire Boehm delivers in 53-51 win over Effingham; Lilly Kessler dominates against Flora in Newton Bob Kerans Tournament
- Illinois at heart of railroad labor dispute
- Effingham County adopts no-kill resolution
- TUESDAY PREP ROUNDUP: Effingham boys basketball falls to Breese Central; Siemer, Joey Niebrugge pace Teutopolis in win over Highland
- Wonderland in Lights brings holiday spirit to Effingham