- Altamont woman dies following accident
- Letter to the Editor: Effingham County, a pandemic and a wedding reception
- Camp Wassatoga near to having new operator
- Effingham County teens help keep their communities clean
- Letter to the Editor: Regarding vote by mail letter sent by Secretary of State’s Office
- Effingham's Got Talent: Austin Weinstock advances to final round of America's Got Talent
- Pritzker defends decision on high school football
- Tree dispute falls on city: 'It's a big tree. And a big decision.'
- Laue returns to Unit 10 school board: 'I am proud of our schools'
- Free drive-thru COVID-19 testing unit in Effingham County moved to Sept. 14
Effective March 18, 2020 and until further notice, the Diocese of Springfield in Illinois has replaced all public Masses and liturgical celebrations with private Masses, celebrated by priests “sine populo,” that is, with no congregation physically present. The Catholic faithful are dispensed…
Effingham Fire Chief Bob Tutko recognized several firefighters from Effingham, Altamont, Watson and Shumway districts for work on an Interstate 70 crash scene involving three fatalities. The crash occurred July 20 about four miles west of Effingham. Tutko handed out several Unit Performance …
A reporters roundtable discussion of the culture of bullying and harassment in House Speaker Michael Madigan's office, Gov. J.B. Pritzker's signing of protections for immigrant tenants and a new minimum teacher salary, and Pritzker's veto of a bill dealing with weapon-like items in public sc…
After one of the most significant legislative sessions in recent memory, Illinois Democrats and Republicans gathered in Springfield this week to begin shaping their messages about what happened, and how they plan to carry that message into the 2020 election cycle.
An assessment of Gov. Pritzker’s first 5 months in office and first legislative session. Includes analysis from University of Illinois at Chicago political science professor Christopher Mooney, and a roundtable discussion with the Capitol News Illinois team of Peter Hancock, Jerry Nowicki an…