This Week's Circulars
Faye Miller age 90, of Newton, Illinois passed away Thursday, December 12, 2019 at her son's home in Long Beach, Mississippi. Arrangements are pending at the Crain Funeral Home, Newton. Online condolences may be offered at www.crainfuneral.com.
- Dieterich man sentenced to 15 years for sexual assault
- Altamont discusses recreational marijuana sales
- Effngham woman injured in rollover accident
- Jail Bookings
- Teacher retention contributes to exemplary performance for Beecher City school
- Grading Unit 40
- Man sentenced to 3 years for unlawful possession of weapon
- 12-11-2019 Effingham Police reports
- Neoga Closer Look: 'Rockhounds' have collected 7,000 rocks
- Man charged with burglarizing vehicles at St. Anthony H.S.
Effingham Fire Chief Bob Tutko recognized several firefighters from Effingham, Altamont, Watson and Shumway districts for work on an Interstate 70 crash scene involving three fatalities. The crash occurred July 20 about four miles west of Effingham. Tutko handed out several Unit Performance …
A reporters roundtable discussion of the culture of bullying and harassment in House Speaker Michael Madigan's office, Gov. J.B. Pritzker's signing of protections for immigrant tenants and a new minimum teacher salary, and Pritzker's veto of a bill dealing with weapon-like items in public sc…
After one of the most significant legislative sessions in recent memory, Illinois Democrats and Republicans gathered in Springfield this week to begin shaping their messages about what happened, and how they plan to carry that message into the 2020 election cycle.
An assessment of Gov. Pritzker’s first 5 months in office and first legislative session. Includes analysis from University of Illinois at Chicago political science professor Christopher Mooney, and a roundtable discussion with the Capitol News Illinois team of Peter Hancock, Jerry Nowicki an…