- Local News
- Senators right to demand answers over refinery spill It's not like Illinois senators have never poked their noses into Indiana issues before. Former Illinois Sen. Paul Douglas led the battle to save the Indiana Dunes. Now senators Mark Kirk, a Republican, and Dick Durbin, a Democrat, are demanding answ
City presents 'good, healthy budget'
The city presented a balanced budget Tuesday that totals more than $71 million.
- Judge Michael McHaney: Transparency a good thing Judge Michael McHaney sees the Fourth Judicial Circuit moving forward in technology as he assumes his new position of chief judge. "I think we're moving faster and faster toward the day of paperless courtrooms," said McHaney, who began his term Tuesd
McHaney: Transparency a good thing
Judge Michael McHaney sees the Fourth Judicial Circuit moving forward in technology as he assumes his new position of chief judge.
"I think we're moving faster and faster toward the day of paperless courtrooms," said McHaney, who began his term Tuesday after being elected by judges in the circuit. The circuit encompasses Christian, Clay, Clinton, Effingham, Fayette, Jasper, Marion, Montgomery and Shelby counties.
Two appear in Jasper County Court after mobile meth bust
Two individuals arrested in a mobile meth lab appeared before a judge in Jasper County Court Tuesday.
Court waiting on evidence from state in heroin case
The pretrial of a man accused of involvement in the February heroin-related death of an Effingham woman has been moved back.
- City announces balanced budget TONY HUFFMAN Daily News For the fourth consecutive year, a public hearing will be held at today's Effingham City Council meeting to announce a balanced budget for the city. The budget contains $2.1 million for debt service obligations, $6.2 million t
- Student film festival reveals its funny side TONY HUFFMAN Daily News Tickets go on sale today for an intimate look into the creative minds of Effingham High School students. This is the 10th year of the AHA Film Festival, an event that features films by local students. Subjects of the films are
Newton police arrest two in 'mobile meth lab'
Newton Police arrested two people Wednesday after discovering a mobile meth lab in a vehicle.
Wyckoff faces June trial date in attempted murder case
The Effingham man indicted on multiple charges in connection with an alleged assault on a woman last fall is now scheduled to stand trial in June.
- More Local News Headlines