- Local News
Driver crashes into guardrail near Edgewood
A driver was sent to the hospital after crashing into a guardrail outside Edgewood Friday.
Semi accident sends one to hospital
A semi-truck crash on Interstate 57 sent two people to the hospital Friday.
Historic sites forced to reduce hours
As a young Illinoisan, Abraham Lincoln spent time on his family’s farm in Lerna and cut his teeth in government at the first state capitol in Vandalia.Although those places served as the framework for Lincoln’s adult life, a budget passed by the Gene
- St. Anthony Parish Picnic kicks off A variety of events are slated for St. Anthony Parish Picnic starting today.“This is the biggest fellowship event for the parish, and it has become part of the Effingham community,” said St. Anthony’s Director of Operations Carrie Koenig.Beginning at
Crash sends 14-year-old driver to hospital
A 14-year-old driver went to the hospital with two passengers after an accident in Jasper County.
Sports complex plans moving forward
Although plans for a sports complex have been plagued by funding issues, Effingham Park District officials said Wednesday they intend to move forward with the project.
Crash injures Jasper County man
Two drivers were injured in a collision outside Casey.
Council discusses prayer before meetings
Commissioner Matt Hirtzel would like Effingham City Council to have prayer before meetings. However, using the word “prayer” could be a problem.
- Still short on salt Last winter’s record cold and precipitation has municipalities across the state frantically searching for salt for this winter.The Illinois Department of Central Management, which provides various products to cities across the state, sent out an emai
- Teutopolis celebration has successful turnout For two years, Teutopolis residents have planned, booked and budgeted for what they hoped would be the town’s greatest event in 175 years.The smiling faces of mud-splattered volleyball players and the relief of parents who tuckered their children out
- More Local News Headlines
- Driver crashes into guardrail near Edgewood