- Local News
Opinion: Russia and 'The Day After'
In 1983, the most highly watched television movie of all time found its way into my family’s living room.
Fayette residents still recovering from November tornadoes
Less than five months after tornadoes struck St. Elmo and Brownstown, cleanup and repairs are still ongoing.
Opinion: Standing in a garage doesn't make you a car
"Excuse me, Father. But do you think you could spare a dollar for a cup of coffee?”
- Local legislation, national impact I have long been a big fan of food labels, reading about what things are in the food I eat, not for medical or nutritional reasons, but simply out of curiosity. Some labels inform about what the product contains -- "100 percent organic", others anno
Car accident Tuesday leaves vehicle in tree
A Sailor Spring woman's vehicle ended up in a tree after an accident Tuesday.
- Neoga to cut 2 teachers While the number was nowhere near last year's, Neoga school board made more staff cuts Thursday as financial problems for the district persist. The board honorably dismissed two certified teaching staff, voting unanimously to dismiss first grade teac
- 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' From the corniest of all names to the Wonder Bread personality of Steve Rogers, whether he was in costume or not, the 1940s version of Captain America we saw in the 2011 movie was one of the blander superheroes in the Marvel Universe. One might think
Neoga to cut 2 teachers
While the number was nowhere near last year's, Neoga school board made more staff cuts Thursday as financial problems for the district persist.
Portion of interstate to temporarily close Friday
Illinois State Police in Effingham advise; Interstate 57 Southbound at milepost 145 (Edgewood) will be temporarily closed Friday.
UPDATE: Family members share memories of Timothy Owens
Only a day after the tragic shootings at Fort Hood, family members of Tim Owen are remembering the man who meant so much to them.
- More Local News Headlines
- Opinion: Russia and 'The Day After'