- Local News
Effingham city officials considering raising water rates
Effingham area water districts will likely see a hike in their wholesale water rates — a hike that will possibly have a ripple effect for Effingham City residents as well.
New restaurant offers dinner and a show
Effingham residents who count food and fun as a quality pastime are in for a treat.
Altamont school board setting sights on future
Altamont Superintendent Jeff Fritchtnitch calls the school board’s annual work weekend one of those “long discussions that we have with regards to where we’re going as a district.”
- Effingham weathers another winter storm Sleet, ice and snow led area travelers to slip and slide off roadways over the weekend. During the overnight hours Saturday and into Sunday morning, Effingham Fire Department was called out to local interstates approximately five times, said Effingha
- Central Ill. in crosshairs of another winter blitz ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Portions of winter-weary Illinois braced Friday for another potent storm that forecasters warn could dump as much as 10 inches of snow on the state's midsection, adding to what in some areas have been record accumulations. The storm
- Hurray for GOP tax plan A Republican leader is doing something right ... and good. He is Rep. David Camp of Michigan. Camp has issued a detailed plan for simplifying the tax code. That's his duty as chair of the House Ways and Means Committee, which writes tax law. Reformin
County economic development group meets
The Effingham County Economic Development Committee is expected to review new applications for the county's revolving loan program.
Dieterich board meets Monday
The Dieterich Village Board is expected to discuss a persistent drainage issue behind Wright's Furniture Monday.
Foul play not suspected in Lake Sara man's death
Preliminary autopsy results on a man found dead in his Lake Sara home have been returned.
Chimney fire causes light smoke damage in Watson
Debris stuck in a chimney caused a small fire in Watson Thursday.
- More Local News Headlines
- Effingham city officials considering raising water rates