- Local News
Driver crashes after being forced off road
A driver crashed after being run off the road by a semi on Interstate 70.
Rollover on I-70 sends one to hospital
An accident on Interstate-70 sent one traveler to the hospital.
Motorcycle rider ejected in Flora accident
A driver was ejected from his motorcycle in an accident.
Altamont man found dead in home
An Altamont man was found dead in his home during a welfare check.
- Two cents on minimum wage increase TONY HUFFMANDaily NewsA ballot measure that will give Illinois voters the opportunity to vote on a nonbinding referendum, which could lead to a $10 minimum hourly wage statewide, has brought ire by some and adoration by others.Local business advocate
- Church Briefs Centenary UMCCentenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, will host the following activities:• Sunday, July 27: Connection Time, 10 a.m.; Lavender Ridge Worship, 2 p.m.; Youth Group, 6 p.m.• Monday, July 28: Quilters, 9 a.m.• Tuesday, July 29: Brook
- McCoy family reunion The 42nd annual reunion of the descendants of William Creighton and Nancy (Ward) McCoy was held at Dieterich Civic Center on July 20. A basket dinner was enjoyed by 36 relatives.Business meeting was held in the afternoon at which plans were made for
Late-winter deer season extinct in area counties
Hunters in Cumberland and Fayette counties may need to seek treatment for their late-winter deer fever.
Walking for life
A group of nine Crossroads Walkers braved temperatures approaching 90 degrees Tuesday to walk from Greenville to Effingham as part of a cross-country walk designed to call attention to the pro-life movement..
Concealed carry objections addressed
In an effort to offer reasoning behind denials for concealed carry permits, Illinois State Police is assisting the Concealed Carry License Review Board in implementing additional measures to regulate the permit process.
- More Local News Headlines
- Driver crashes after being forced off road