Firefighters work to extinguish a fire that engulfed Illinois Prefinish this morning on County Road 450th near Altamont. No one was injured. The cause of the fire is unknown at this time. For more on the story, see Tuesday's print edition of the Daily News.
- Local News
- Church Briefs Centenary UMC Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, will host the following activities: • Sunday, Aug. 3: Connection Time, 10 a.m.; Glenwood Worship, 10:30 a.m.; Lavender Ridge Worship, 2 p.m.; Youth Group, 6 p.m. • Monday, Aug. 4: Quilters,
Dieterich grad markets word game application
Dalton Hinterscher is something of a Renaissance man in the making.
Miller sentenced to 17 years in heroin death
An Altamont man was sentenced Thursday to 17 years in prison in connection with the fatal heroin overdose of an Effingham woman earlier this year.
- No Headline Provided SPRINGFIELD (AP) — Here are the winning numbers selected Wednesday in the Illinois State Lottery:My 3-Midday6-2-4My 3-Evening4-7-5Pick Three-Midday4-8-0Fireball: 3Pick Three-Evening5-6-0Fireball: 4Pick Four-Midday3-5-5-1Fireball: 2Pick Four-Evening6-
- Dieterich grad markets word game application TONY HUFFMANDaily NewsDalton Hinterscher is something of a Renaissance man in the making.A former standout basketball player at Dieterich High School, Hinterscher followed his intellectual pursuits into college. Entering his second year as a Software
- Complex support divides council All indications at Tuesday’s special meeting of the Effingham City Council indicates Effingham Park District will not get the $1 million it is asking for to help build the Richard E. Workman Sports and Wellness Center.In fact, Mayor Merv Gillenwater
- Correction It was incorrectly reported in Saturday’s Effingham Daily News that federal sex crime suspect Nathan Maphis was at large. Maphis is being held in Madison County Jail. The newspaper erred. Bill Grimes can be reached at 217-347-7151, ext. 132, at bill.
- Learning and growing together The installation of a Effingham Community Garden sign marks the growing success of a common place for Effingham residents to cultivate plants and produce.“We have 23 large plots and two small plots out here this year,” said University of Illinois Mas
- Kitchen fire damages home An unattended kitchen stove led to a full-still fire call at 507 Park Hills Drive Tuesday afternoon.A passerby made a 911 call and reported visible smoke from the eaves of the home at 1:16 p.m. Arriving on scene, Effingham firefighters entered the ho
Man fatally shot in Pana standoff, officer wounded
Illinois State Police(ISP) and Christian County Sheriff's Office are investigating a shooting that occurred on Tuesday, July 29, in rural Christian County that involved ISP SWAT, a Pana Police officer and an armed offender.
- More Local News Headlines