“However it shakes out, I will be happy,” the chairman said. “I just want something in writing, so people can read it.”
The committee agreed to have Kibler draft an ordinance for further review.
In other action Thursday, the committee recommended that the full board consider several items, including:
• A resolution that allows Effingham County Public Transit to receive a federal grant for $192,418.
• A request by Circuit Clerk John Niemerg to switch annual costs for the Government Center postage machine from his document storage fund to his general fund.
• A resolution allowing the county to distribute replacement tax receipts totaling $110,000 to several county funds.
• Creation of a fund in the Probation Department to make room for a grant that will help start a new Mental Health Court in the county.
• Donation of $1,000 to the Good Neighbors of Lake Sara to help defray costs for the recent fireworks display at the lake.
Bill Grimes can be reached at 217-347-7151, ext. 132, or firstname.lastname@example.org.