• Reconstruction and additional lanes for 1.7 miles, culvert extension, bridge replacement and bridge widening on Interstate 57/70, from Fourth Street in Effingham to Interstate 57 northeast of Effingham. Projects are scheduled for fiscal year 2014 at a cost of $60.5 million and are funded through the Illinois Jobs Now! capital plan.
• Resurfacing 9.7 miles of U.S. 40/Illinois 128, from the Fayette County line to 0.3 mile west of Lake Sara Road in Effingham County, is programmed during fiscal years 2015-19 at a cost of $3.4 million.
• A bridge replacement on U.S. 45 over Green Creek, 1.5 miles south of the Shelby County line in Effingham County, is scheduled during fiscal years 2015-19 at a cost of $758,000.
• Turning lanes, land acquisition and utility adjustments on U.S. 45 at Rickleman Avenue in Effingham are scheduled for fiscal year 2014 at a cost of $1.6 million.
• Resurfacing on 11.4 miles, horizontal and vertical realignment, bridge replacement, bridge deck replacement, bridge superstructure replacement, bridge deck repairs, a retaining wall, land acquisition and utility adjustments on U.S. 45 from Illinois 37, south of Effingham to Bible Grove Road in Effingham and Clay Counties. Projects are scheduled during fiscal year 2014-19 at a cost of $14.4 million. Of that total, utility adjustments and land acquisition are scheduled for 2014 at a cost of $1.3 million.
Nicole Dominique can be reached at 217-347-7151, ext. 138, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.