Effingham Daily News, Effingham, IL

Local News

November 19, 2012

UPDATE: Fire engulfs business

ALTAMONT — A short circuit in an extension cord caused a fire Monday morning that engulfed Illinois Prefinish near Altamont. No one was injured.

According to Altamont Fire Chief Jon Becker, the cord was used to power a hand sander the owner, Aaron Cox, was operating that morning. Because of internal damage from wear and age, the cord shorted out, he said, causing the fire.

The building is a total loss.

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Parade
Magazine

Click HERE to read all your Parade favorites including Hollywood Wire, Celebrity interviews and photo galleries, Food recipes and cooking tips, Games and lots more.