Effingham Daily News
---- — Effingham County Sheriff’s Department reported the following bookings:
• Deputies arrested John A. Kenter, 21, of Effingham, Monday on a petition to revoke his probation on a conviction for illegal consumption of alcohol. Kenter posted $750 and was released.
• Deputies arrested James L. McWhorter, 21, of Altamont, Monday on a charge of contempt of court for a failed drug test. McWhorter was still in jail at last report.
• Effingham police arrested Shelby M. Rich, 21, of Effingham, Monday on a Jackson County warrant for failure to appear in court on an original charge of illegal use of a credit card. Rich posted $750 and was released.
• Effingham police arrested Jerry Dean Guthrie, 35, of Effingham, Monday on charges of disorderly conduct and criminal damage to property. Guthrie was still in jail at last report.
• Effingham police arrested Lawrence Eugene Reed, 30, of Brownstown, Tuesday on a Macon County for failure to appear in court on an original charge of driving on a suspended or revoked license. Reed was transported to Macon County.