Effingham Daily News, Effingham, IL

January 17, 2014

Heat lamp ignites shed fire

Bill Grimes
Effingham Daily News

WATSON — A shed on 400th Avenue southeast of Watson caught fire Friday.

Owner Jared Macklin said the shed contained numerous chickens and two vintage Allis-Chalmers tractors that had been restored. The chickens made it out safely, but the tractors were a total loss. Macklin said the fire apparently began when a dog or chicken knocked over an electric heat lamp late Friday morning.

No other structures were threatened. Dieterich and Teutopolis firefighters assisted at the scene.