Effingham Daily News, Effingham, IL

Local News

January 17, 2014

Heat lamp ignites shed fire

WATSON — A shed on 400th Avenue southeast of Watson caught fire Friday.

Owner Jared Macklin said the shed contained numerous chickens and two vintage Allis-Chalmers tractors that had been restored. The chickens made it out safely, but the tractors were a total loss. Macklin said the fire apparently began when a dog or chicken knocked over an electric heat lamp late Friday morning.

No other structures were threatened. Dieterich and Teutopolis firefighters assisted at the scene.

1
Text Only
Local News
AP Video
Parade
Magazine

Click HERE to read all your Parade favorites including Hollywood Wire, Celebrity interviews and photo galleries, Food recipes and cooking tips, Games and lots more.