- Spreading the knowledge Southeastern Uganda is like the Biblical Garden of Eden, says a rural Shumway man who spent nearly three weeks in the eastern African nation last month to share some of his agricultural knowledge.
Clay County residents losing pounds through employer- sponsored fitness programs
A growing number of Clay County residents are shrinking their waistlines thanks to an upspring of employer-sponsored fitness programs.
Petting zoo part of National FFA Week celebration at Stewardson-Strasburg
New Asian restaurant opens Saturday
After opening eight Thai restaurants in various parts of Illinois over the past 29 years, Paul Jisook is ready to settle down.
- Investigating the paranormal Effingham native is a Chicago police officer by day, reality TV spirit seeker by night
- Cedarhurst Exhibits Local and regional artists featured in new exhibitions
- Frozen pipes can ruin your morning coffee Winter’s bitter cold can bring icy roads, chilled hands and frozen ponds, but the below freezing temperatures can also bring unseen hazards to your home.
- 65 mph Increased speed limit for semis takes effect Jan. 1
- Picky Eaters Kids’ picky eating may be medical problem, not bad manners
- ‘Popularity’ Stewardson-Strasburg High School students will present “Popularity,” a two-act comedy written by Thomas Hischak and set at Ralph Waldo Emerson High School in the fall, and winter 1957 through spring 1958.
- More Lifestyles Headlines