Mary M. Steele, 72, of Effingham, passed away at 12:10 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, with burial in Arborcrest Memorial Park. Visitation will be from 11 a.m. until service time Monday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the donor's choice. Online condolences may be left at www.bauerfh.com.
Mary was born Dec. 29, 1939, in Shelby County, the daughter of Vernon and Pearl (Daniels) Gillespey. She married Gene Steele on June 5, 1994, and he preceded her in death in 1996. Mary was a member of the Calvary Baptist Church, Effingham.
Mary is survived by her two sons, Lester Bivens of St. Elmo and Michael (Joyce) Dial of Charleston; one daughter, Linda (Aven) Snyder of Effingham; two brothers, Ted Margwarth of Holiday, Fla., and Joe Gillespey of Erick, Okla.; four sisters, Lillie F. Brown of Effingham, Lucille Sisson of Shelbyville, Laura Gillespey of Stewardson and Ann Knifley of Mattoon; and many grandchildren.
Mary was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gene; brother, John Gillespey; and sister, Rose Gillespey.
- Death Notices
- Dean O'Dell Dean O'Dell, 72, of Ingraham, died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Arrangements are incomplete at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Dean O'Dell Ingraham
- Inez Harrison Inez C. Harrison, 88, of Flora, died at 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Flora Rehabilitation and Health Care Center. Arrangements are incomplete at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Inez Harrison Flora
- Charles Clapp Charles Luther Clapp, 86, of Westfield, died at 3:20 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at Heartland Nursing Center, Casey. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Markwell Funeral Home, Casey, with the Rev. Gene Southard officiating. Burial will
- Carolyn Musser Carolyn Elizabeth Musser, 88, of Beecher City, passed away at 10:14 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, in her home. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 28, in Beecher City Church of Christ. Preacher Dennis Warner will officiate. Private int
- Margaret Freepartner Margaret Freepartner, 86, of Tarpon Springs, Fla., formerly of Effingham, died Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at her daughter's home. Cremation rites will be accorded. Graveside services will be held in Effingham at a later date. Eternal Cremations in Tarp
- Darrell Beck Darrell Lee Beck, 65, of Herrick died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, at St. Anthony's Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Herrick Baptist Church, with Jay Huddleston officiating. Burial will be in Myers Cemetery, Herrick
- Betty Willison Betty Lou Willison, 83, of Louisville, passed away at 8:51 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at J.W. Neal Funeral Home, Louisville, with Cecil Cochran officiating. I
- Elveira Harthan Elveira Harthan, 75, of Martinsville, died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, at Union Hospital, Terre Haute, Ind. Funeral services will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at Martinsville United Methodist Church with the Rev. Dr. Donald Graham and the Rev. John N. Gart
- Florence Strain Mrs. Florence Dale (Bishop) Strain, age 100, of Greenup, IL passed away at 8 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 28, 2013, at Cumberland Rehab and Health Care in Greenup, IL. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Bishop Funeral Home in Greenup, IL wit
- Dale Walton Dale Walton, 55, of Lake, Michigan passed away Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, at his home. The family will receive friends at Lux Family Life Story Funeral Home on today, Dec. 2, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Graveside services will held at 11 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3,
- More Death Notices Headlines