NEWTON — Virginia Rosetta Wheat, 89, of Newton, passed away at 7:40 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, at San Jacinto Methodist Hospital, Baytown, Texas. Funeral Mass will be at 1:30 p.m. today at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, Newton, with the Rev. Al Kemme celebrating Mass. Burial will be in New St. Peter Cemetery, Newton. Visitation will be from noon until service time at the church. Memorials may be made to the donorÕs choice. Blake-Buchanan Funeral Home, Newton, is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be left at www.blakefh.com. Virginia was born on July 17, 1923, in Jasper County, the daughter of Paul and Elizabeth (Frichtl) Michl. She married Roy Wheat on Feb. 17, 1947, in Newton and he preceded her in death on Nov. 26, 2007. Virginia and Roy owned and operated a trucking company for many years together. Virginia was a member of St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church, Newton. She and Roy enjoyed square dancing, traveling and spending the winter months in Texas. Virginia is survived by daughter, Darlene Tedrick of Dayton, Texas; grandchildren, Dana Johnson, Jason (Stacey) Tedrick, Justin (Adrianna) Tedrick and Jeremy Tedrick; and 12 great-grandchildren. Virginia was preceded in death by her parents; husband; son-in-law, Jerry Tedrick; sisters, Vanetta ÒPeggyÓ Clagg and Norma Michl; and one brother, Earl Michl.
- Death Notices
Mack B. Kitten, 78, of Teutopolis, died at 1:05 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at his home surrounded by his loving and devoted wife, six children, and 16 grandchildren.
Dorothy L. Stuckemeyer, 83, of Altamont, died at 8:55 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
Louise N. Niendick, 75, of Effingham died at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at St. John's Hospital, Springfield.
- William Nyberg William "Bill" Nyberg, 76, of Edgewood, died at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence. Services will be held at a later date. Pagel Funeral Homes, Edgewood, is assisting the family with arrangements. William Nyberg Edgewood
- Wayne Niehaus Wayne Charles "Charlie" Niehaus Sr., 91, of Effingham, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery with military rites. Visitation will be f
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., formerly of Effingham, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at V.A. Hospital, Little Rock, Ark. Arrangements are incomplete at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Earl Loy Morrilton, Ark.
- Dallas Wright Sr. Dallas Duane Wright Sr., 83, of Effingham, passed away at 1:50 a.m. Thursday, Mar. 6, 2014, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. As was Dallas' request, funeral services will be private. Burial will be in Spring Hill Cemetery, Loudon Twp.,
- Ambrose Ruholl Ambrose A. Ruholl, 84, of Teutopolis, died at 5:45 p.m. Monday, March 3, 2014, at his home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at St. Francis of Assissi Catholic Church, Teutopolis. Burial will be in St. Francis Cemetery. Visitation will b
- Marcella Clagg Marcella R. Clagg, 70, of Sullivan, passed away 4:55 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, 2014, in her home. Memorial services will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at McMullin-Young Funeral Home, Sullivan. Visitation will be from 1 to 3 p.m. at the funeral home. In li
- Wayne Niehaus Wayne Charles "Charlie" Niehaus Sr., 91, of Effingham, passed away Tuesday evening, March 4, 2014. A funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery with military rites. Visi
- More Death Notices Headlines
- Mack Kitten