BEECHER CITY —
Velta B. "Sis" Randall, 91, of Beecher City, passed away at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday Dec. 5, 2012, at the Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City. The family requests casual attire. The Rev. Paul Bauer will officiate. Interment will be in Beecher City Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the family for the care of Sheila. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.lockartgreenfuneralhome.com.
Sis was born Oct. 19, 1921, in Cowden, the daughter of Fred and Myrtle Banning Banning. She married William Lowe in 1940 and he passed away. On Aug. 4, 1946, she married Marion "Dick" Aberdeen Randall in Morganfield, Ky., and he passed away on May 25, 2000. Sis, formerly, was employed at Sta-Rite Ginnie Lou Corporation in Shelbyville. Later, for many years, she owned, operated and cooked at Randall's Store and Restaurant in Beecher City. She loved her family, going to rummage sales and auctions, playing cards, western movies, food and tending to her flowers.
Surviving are her children, Bill Lowe of Hillsboro, Skip (Sharon) Randall of Herrick, Brenda (David) Domzalski of Windsor, Sheila Randall of Beecher City and Mike (Tammy) Randall of Beecher City; 12 grandchildren; 38 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands, William Lowe and Dick Randall; great-granddaughter, Lilly Webster; brothers, Lonnie Banning and Rayburn Banning; and sister, Lois Jones.
BEECHER CITY —
- Death Notices
- Damian Apke Damian J. “Joe” Apke, 73, of Effingham, died at 8:11 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, Mattoon.A memorial service will be at a later date. Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, is assisting the family with arrangements. Onl
- Jeremy Vahling Jeremy Alan Vahling, 33, of Bone Gap, died at 10:55 a.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at his home.Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. today, July 25, at Bone Gap Cemetery with Kirk Rowe officiating. Memorials may be made to the family and can be left at
- Helena Smith Helena M. Smith, 93, of Newton, passed away on Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital, Effingham.Funeral services will be at noon Monday at Scott Avenue Christian Church, Newton, with the Rev. Gary Hall officiating. Burial will
- Gary Carroll Gary Lynn Carroll, 60, of Brownstown, died at 8:50 a.m. Sunday, July 20, 2014, at his son’s home.There will be no services. A private family burial will take place at a later date. Gieseking-Claggett Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangem
- Thomas McNiff Thomas B. McNiff, 68, of Poughkeepsie, New York, passed away at 7:28 p.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital, Effingham.Local arrangements are being handled by Bauer Funeral Home in Effingham. Memorials may be made to the dono
- Michelle Dunn Michelle “Shelly” Eagleson Dunn, 43, of Oakland City, Indiana, formerly of Toledo, passed away at 12:55 a.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at Gibson General Hospital, Princeton, Indiana.Funeral services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday at Barkley Funeral Chapel,
- Peggy Black Peggy Joan Black, 81, of Casey, died at 11:20 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Heartland Nursing Center, Casey.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Markwell Funeral Home with the Rev. Tom Marsh officiating. Burial will be in Casey Cumberla
- Kenneth Beaumont Kenneth D. “Smoke” Beaumont, 64, of Greenup, died at 6:58 p.m. Thursday, July 24, 2014.Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Greenup.
- Eileen O'Donnell Eileen B. O’Donnell, 99, of Effingham, passed away Thursday, July 24, 2014, at her home.Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in Leith Cemetery, Mason. Visitation will be from
- Dennis Nichols Dennis W. Nichols, 61, of Altamont, died Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at his home.A memorial service will be at a later date. Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, is in charge of the arrangements. Online condolences may be left at www.bauerfh.com.
- More Death Notices Headlines