BEECHER CITY —
Velta B. "Sis" Randall, 91, of Beecher City, passed away at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday Dec. 5, 2012, at the Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City. The family requests casual attire. The Rev. Paul Bauer will officiate. Interment will be in Beecher City Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the family for the care of Sheila. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.lockartgreenfuneralhome.com.
Sis was born Oct. 19, 1921, in Cowden, the daughter of Fred and Myrtle Banning Banning. She married William Lowe in 1940 and he passed away. On Aug. 4, 1946, she married Marion "Dick" Aberdeen Randall in Morganfield, Ky., and he passed away on May 25, 2000. Sis, formerly, was employed at Sta-Rite Ginnie Lou Corporation in Shelbyville. Later, for many years, she owned, operated and cooked at Randall's Store and Restaurant in Beecher City. She loved her family, going to rummage sales and auctions, playing cards, western movies, food and tending to her flowers.
Surviving are her children, Bill Lowe of Hillsboro, Skip (Sharon) Randall of Herrick, Brenda (David) Domzalski of Windsor, Sheila Randall of Beecher City and Mike (Tammy) Randall of Beecher City; 12 grandchildren; 38 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands, William Lowe and Dick Randall; great-granddaughter, Lilly Webster; brothers, Lonnie Banning and Rayburn Banning; and sister, Lois Jones.
BEECHER CITY —
- Death Notices
- Marvin Suckow Marvin A. Suckow, 85, of rural Mason, died at 5:02 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at his home surrounded by his family. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Zion Lutheran Church, rural Altamont, with Rev. Michael Kloepping officiating. Burial
- Berneice Reed Berneice G. Reed, 96, of Effingham, formerly of St. Elmo, died at 3 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at her daughter's home. Funeral services will be held at 11:30 a.m. Saturday in C & A Pagel Funeral Home, St. Elmo. Visitation will be held from 9:30 a.m
- Inez Harrison Inez Cozette Harrison, 88, of Clay City, passed away at 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Flora Rehab & Healthcare Center, Flora. Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at J.W. Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Interment will be in Hoosier Prairie
- Myron Pontious Myron D. Pontious, 86, of St. Peter, died at 2:17 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2013, at his home. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Saturday in Pagel Funeral Home, St. Peter, with burial in the Old Loogootee Cemetery, rural St. Peter. Visitation wi
- Aileen Gilbert Aileen Bernetta (Evans) Gilbert, 96, of Altamont, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at the Lutheran Care Center in Altamont. Memorial services to celebrate Aileen's life will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Lutheran Care Center Chapel, 702 W. Cumberland R
- Betty Geesa Betty L. Cribelar Geesa, 85, formerly of Casey, died Nov. 18, 2013, at Sterling House, Port Charlotte, Fla. Services will be at noon Saturday at Casey United Methodist Church with Dr. Penelope Barber officiating. Inurnment will be in Casey Cumberland
- Dean O'Dell Dean O'Dell, 72, of Ingraham, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Cross Catholic Church, Wendelin. Interment will be at Brooks Cemetery, r
- Dean O'Dell Dean O'Dell, 72, of Ingraham, died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Arrangements are incomplete at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Dean O'Dell Ingraham
- Inez Harrison Inez C. Harrison, 88, of Flora, died at 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Flora Rehabilitation and Health Care Center. Arrangements are incomplete at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Inez Harrison Flora
- Charles Clapp Charles Luther Clapp, 86, of Westfield, died at 3:20 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at Heartland Nursing Center, Casey. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Markwell Funeral Home, Casey, with the Rev. Gene Southard officiating. Burial will
- More Death Notices Headlines