BEECHER CITY —
Velta B. "Sis" Randall, 91, of Beecher City, passed away at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday Dec. 5, 2012, at the Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City. The family requests casual attire. The Rev. Paul Bauer will officiate. Interment will be in Beecher City Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the family for the care of Sheila. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.lockartgreenfuneralhome.com.
Sis was born Oct. 19, 1921, in Cowden, the daughter of Fred and Myrtle Banning Banning. She married William Lowe in 1940 and he passed away. On Aug. 4, 1946, she married Marion "Dick" Aberdeen Randall in Morganfield, Ky., and he passed away on May 25, 2000. Sis, formerly, was employed at Sta-Rite Ginnie Lou Corporation in Shelbyville. Later, for many years, she owned, operated and cooked at Randall's Store and Restaurant in Beecher City. She loved her family, going to rummage sales and auctions, playing cards, western movies, food and tending to her flowers.
Surviving are her children, Bill Lowe of Hillsboro, Skip (Sharon) Randall of Herrick, Brenda (David) Domzalski of Windsor, Sheila Randall of Beecher City and Mike (Tammy) Randall of Beecher City; 12 grandchildren; 38 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands, William Lowe and Dick Randall; great-granddaughter, Lilly Webster; brothers, Lonnie Banning and Rayburn Banning; and sister, Lois Jones.
BEECHER CITY —
- Death Notices
- Leland Westfall Master Sgt. (Ret.) U.S. Air Force Leland A. Westfall, 82, formerly of Effingham, died Friday, April 18, 2014, in Del Rio, Texas. Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. today, April 22, at Sunset Memorial Oaks Cemetery, Del Rio, Texas, with military hon
- Matthew Austin Matthew C. "Matt" Austin, 47, of Brownstown, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at St. Elmo. Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the First Church of God, Vandalia, with the Rev. Dave Keefer and the Rev. Jim Giffin officiating. Burial will be in Mt. C
- Ralph Elke Ralph C. Elke, 86, of Effingham, passed away at 10:18 a.m. Wednesday, April 9, 2014, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham. A Celebration of Ralph's life will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Pearson Building (Lake Sara) 15170
- Douglas Brummer Douglas B. "Doug" Brummer, 60, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014, at his home in Sigel. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until t
- Marva Perry Marva Jean Perry, 75, of Effingham, passed away at 7:34 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. A private memorial service will be held in Beecher City Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the donor's choice. Locka
- Kevin Neal Kevin Harvey Neal, 52, of Effingham, died at 7 a.m. Friday, April 18, 2014, at his home. Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Oakwood Cemetery in Mount Vernon, with the Rev. David Shores officiating. Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m.
- James Bloemer James Joseph "Jim" Bloemer, 71, of rural Effingham, passed away at 3:40 a.m. Monday morning at his home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery. Visitation w
- Mary Hoene Mary C. Hoene, 100, of Bryan, Ohio, passed away Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Genesis Health Care-Bryan Center, after a brief illness, with her family at her side. Funeral Mass for Mary C. Hoene will begin at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Patrick Ca
- Helen Raddatz Helen E. Raddatz, 71, of Effingham, passed away at 2:30 p.m., Sunday, April 20, 2014, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, with entombment in Woodlawn Cemetery.
- Allen Blair Allen Burdette Blair, age 92, of Newton, retired farmer, died at 2:19 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at St John's Hospital in Springfield. Arrangements are being handled by J.W. Neal Funeral Home, Louisville where the family will receive friends fr
- More Death Notices Headlines