BEECHER CITY —
Velta B. "Sis" Randall, 91, of Beecher City, passed away at 6:45 a.m. Wednesday Dec. 5, 2012, at the Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
A memorial service will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City. The family requests casual attire. The Rev. Paul Bauer will officiate. Interment will be in Beecher City Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the family for the care of Sheila. Online condolences may be made to the family at www.lockartgreenfuneralhome.com.
Sis was born Oct. 19, 1921, in Cowden, the daughter of Fred and Myrtle Banning Banning. She married William Lowe in 1940 and he passed away. On Aug. 4, 1946, she married Marion "Dick" Aberdeen Randall in Morganfield, Ky., and he passed away on May 25, 2000. Sis, formerly, was employed at Sta-Rite Ginnie Lou Corporation in Shelbyville. Later, for many years, she owned, operated and cooked at Randall's Store and Restaurant in Beecher City. She loved her family, going to rummage sales and auctions, playing cards, western movies, food and tending to her flowers.
Surviving are her children, Bill Lowe of Hillsboro, Skip (Sharon) Randall of Herrick, Brenda (David) Domzalski of Windsor, Sheila Randall of Beecher City and Mike (Tammy) Randall of Beecher City; 12 grandchildren; 38 great-grandchildren and one great-great-grandchild.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husbands, William Lowe and Dick Randall; great-granddaughter, Lilly Webster; brothers, Lonnie Banning and Rayburn Banning; and sister, Lois Jones.
BEECHER CITY —
- Death Notices
- Diane Siewert Diane Marie Siewert, 52, of Champaign, passed away early Monday morning on Aug. 18, 2014.Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Cross Church, 405 W. Clark St., Champaign. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday with a 3:30 p.m. prayer se
- James Beckwith Doris Beckwith James M. Beckwith born May 15, 1909, in Jasper County, passed away on Nov. 15, 2005, in Huntington Beach, California. He was 96 years old.Doris O. Beckwith (Decker) born January 6, 1908, in Toledo, joined the love of her life on Oct. 8, 2011, also in
- Bonnie Mccandlish Bonnie J. Mccandlish, 68, of Toledo, died at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Heartland Christian Village, Neoga.Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Jack Cotton Jack J. “Papa” Cotton, 71, died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his late residence, with his loving family by his side.Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church. Burial will be at 3 p.m. in Coons Cemetery,
- Karen Cleaver Karen Gail Cleaver, 74, of Newton, died at 11:18 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at St. John’s Hospital, Springfield.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Meyer Funeral Home, Newton, with Chris Parr officiating. Burial will be in Westlawn Memor
- Tonya Gephart Tonya Lynn Gephart, 40, of Mason, passed away at 1:09 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana. Visitation service will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Cornerstone Christian Church, Effingham. There will be a memorial service
- Dennis Snearley Dennis George Snearley, 47, of Olney, died at 9:45 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Richland Memorial Hospital, Olney.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Olney Christian Outreach Centere, 3691 N. Van Road, Olney, with the Rev. John Monroe of
- Florence Mason Florence Victoria Mason, 95, of West Terre Haute, Indiana, formerly of Newton, died Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at Bethesda Gardens in Terre Haute, Indiana.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Roselawn Funeral Home, Terre Haute, Indiana. Burial
- Larry Carter Larry Eugene Carter, 54, of Clay City, died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis.A Celebration of Life service will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Frank & Bright Funeral Home, Flora. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at t
- Joshuah Lankford Joshuah Steven “Lank” Lankford, 33, of Decatur, passed away Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, in Decatur.Services to celebrate Josh’s life were held Aug. 17 at Graceland/Fairlawn Funeral Home. Visitation was held Sunday at the funeral home. Private burial with
- More Death Notices Headlines