Della Moine Baird, 90, of Salem, died at 1:05 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 4, 2012, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville, with the Rev. Ron Townsley and the Rev. Calvin Jean officiating. Burial will be in Orchard Hill Cemetery, Louisville. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to the donor's choice. Online condolences may be left at www.jwnealfuneralhome.net.
Mrs. Baird was born Aug. 2, 1922, in Louisville, the daughter of Edward Henry Grahn and Minnie Belle (Peter) Grahn. She married James B. Baird Sr. on April 10, 1941. He died Jan. 7, 2011.
She was a homemaker and member of First Apostolic Church of Salem.
She is survived by two sons, James B. (Mary) Baird Jr. of Altamont, Loy A. (Sharon) Baird of Vincennes, Ind.; daughter, Sandra K. (Terry) Byers of Salem; several foster children; sister, Eula Marie Lewis of Bible Grove; six grandchildren, Garrette (Amber) Baird, Malisa (Jason) Mislich, Blake Byers, Amanda Nohren, Courtney Hargrove and Issabella Byers; and four great-grandchildren, Stephen Mislich, Trey, Kyle and Nathan Nohren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; and sisters, Mary Charlotte Fowler and Edna Lorene Hale.
- Death Notices
- Bradly Newlin Bradly A. Newlin, 31, of St. Clairsville, Ohio, formerly of Effingham, passed away Friday morning, Dec. 6, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham. Burial will be in Watson Cemetery. Visitation will be f
- Thomas Mailloux Thomas Joseph Mailloux, 64, of Effingham, died Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at his home. Cremation rites will be accorded as per the wishes of the family. A memorial service will be at 12:30 p.m. today, Dec. 11, at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham with the
- Alvin Oakley Alvin W. "Shotgun" Oakley, 83, of Toledo, died at 1:08 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Cumberland Rehab & Health Care Center, Greenup. Memorial services will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Open Door Baptist Church, Toledo, with the Rev. Leon Hanley offic
- David Scammahorn David F. Scammahorn, 85, of Flora, died at 2:35 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at his home. Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Noble. Interment will be in Orchard Hill Cemetery, Louisville. Memorial donation
- Gloria Tipsword Gloria Tipsword, 64, of Effingham, died Wednesday, Oct. 30. A memorial service will be at 6 p.m. Friday at First Christian Church, Effingham. Gloria Tipsword Effingham
- Rosalie Miller Rosalie Miller, 79, of Newton, died at 6:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at her residence. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church in Newton with Fr. Al Kemme and Deacon Larry Miller off
- Alvin Adermann Alvin Otto Adermann, 89, of Altamont, died at 2:18 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013 at his rural farm home in Fayette County, near Altamont. Funeral Services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, Altamont with t
- Alvin Oakley Alvin W. Oakley, 83, of Toledo, died at 1:03 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Cumberland Rehab & Health Care Center, Greenup. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Bradly Newlin Bradly A. Newlin, 31, of St. Clairsville, Ohio, formerly of Effingham, passed away Friday morning, Dec. 6, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Bauer Funeral Home in Effingham with burial in Watson Cemetery. Visitation will be hel
- Carolyn Williams Carolyn Sue Williams, 76, of Mattoon, passed away at 3:35 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, Mattoon. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Swengel-O'Dell Funeral Home, Neoga, with the Rev. Dave Dolan offic
- More Death Notices Headlines