Joyce E. Kull, 88, of Strasburg, died at 4:57 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, at Lakeland Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, with the Rev. Steven Becker officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the church and one hour before services Saturday. Burial will be in Grace Cemetery, Strasburg. Arrangements are by Howe and Yockey Funeral Home, Strasburg. Memorials may be given to St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, or E.A.S.T.E.R., Effingham. Send condolences to www.howeandyockey.com.
Mrs. Kull was born Aug. 26, 1924, in Strasburg, the daughter of Louis Albert and Clara Spannagel Reel. She graduated from Strasburg High School in the Class of 1942. Joyce was the first cook for St. Paul's School in Strasburg, working there from 1954 to 1960. She helped at Kull Floral Company in Shelbyville for many years. She also worked with her husband in his business, Grace Greentown Chemical Company in Strasburg, from 1967 to 1985. Joyce was a member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, where she was an active member of St. Paul's Ladies Aid, LWML and the Tuesday Morning Bible Study Group. She married Richard Gene Kull on May 19, 1946, at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg. He died on Jan. 22, 2005.
She is survived by her daughters, Gloria Fortkamp and husband the Rev. Gary of Effingham and Deanna "Dee Dee" Batson of Shelbyville; son, Brett Kull of Strasburg; sisters, Ruth Thomas, Dorothy Stremming and Doris Stremming and husband Delbert, all of Strasburg; sister-in-law, Betty Noffke of Stewardson; brother-in-law, Stanley Butcher of Shelbyville; grandchildren, Sara Long and husband Eric of Altamont, Gina Vonderheide and husband Travis of Shumway, Lisa Shelton and husband Brian of Strasburg and Johanna and Bryson Batson, both of Shelbyville; stepgrandson, Tim Fortkamp of Nokomis; great-grandchildren, Noah Prosser, Henry and Tyler Vonderheide, Amelia Batson, Zachary Shelton and Sophia Long; great-stepgrandchildren, Chris, Brittany and Briar Fortkamp; and numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gene Kull; and sisters, Grace Schmitt, Pearl Eyrse and Fern Kull.
- Death Notices
- Allen Blair Allen Burdette Blair, age 92, of Newton, retired farmer, died at 2:19 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at St John's Hospital in Springfield. Arrangements are being handled by J.W. Neal Funeral Home, Louisville where the family will receive friends fr
- Brenda Hammond Brenda J. Hammond, 73, of Martinsville, IL passed away at 10:26 a.m. on Friday, April 18, 2014, at her home in Martinsville. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at Greenwell Funeral Home with Bro. Randy Black officiating. Burial will
- Genevieve Hickox Genevieve Lillian Hickox, 90, of Casey, retired teacher, died at 12 p.m. Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at Heartland Nursing Center, Casey. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Markwell Funeral Home with Pastor Ken “Bud” Wade officiating.
- Allen Blair Allen Burdette Blair, age 92, of Newton, passed away at 2:19 p.m., Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at St John's Hospital in Springfield. Arrangements are being handled by J.W. Neal Funeral Home, Louisville, where the family will receive friends from 6 to
- Samie Cox Samie F. Cox, 69, died Tuesday morning, April 15, 2014, at her home in Effingham. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Bauer Funeral Home in Effingham with burial in Red Brush Cemetery, Louisville. Visitation will be held from 9 a.m.
- Carolyn Sur Carolyn A Sur, 72, of Green Creek, passed away Saturday evening at her sister's home. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Mary's Help of Christians Catholic Church in Green Creek with burial in the church cemetery. Visitation will
- Samie Cox Samie F. Cox, 69, passed away Tuesday morning, April 15, 2014 at her home in Effingham. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Bauer Funeral Home in Effingham with burial in Red Brush Cemetery, Louisville. Visitation will be held from
- Terry Cutright Terry Michael Cutright, 68, of Lehigh Acres, Fla., U.S. Army veteran and telecommunications engineer, died Thursday, April 10, 2014. A memorial service will be held at a later date in Casey. To view the full obituary, send a condolence message, ligh
- Wanda King Wanda J. King, 76, of Forsyth, died at 9:06 p.m. Tuesday, April 15, 2014, in her home. Arrangements are incomplete at Lockart-Green Funeral Home in Shelbyville. Wanda King Forsyth
- Allen Blair Allen Burdette Blair, 92, of Louisville, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014, at St. John's Hospital, Springfield. Arrangements are incomplete at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Allen Blair Louisville
- More Death Notices Headlines