Joyce E. Kull, 88, of Strasburg, died at 4:57 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, at Lakeland Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, with the Rev. Steven Becker officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the church and one hour before services Saturday. Burial will be in Grace Cemetery, Strasburg. Arrangements are by Howe and Yockey Funeral Home, Strasburg. Memorials may be given to St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, or E.A.S.T.E.R., Effingham. Send condolences to www.howeandyockey.com.
Mrs. Kull was born Aug. 26, 1924, in Strasburg, the daughter of Louis Albert and Clara Spannagel Reel. She graduated from Strasburg High School in the Class of 1942. Joyce was the first cook for St. Paul's School in Strasburg, working there from 1954 to 1960. She helped at Kull Floral Company in Shelbyville for many years. She also worked with her husband in his business, Grace Greentown Chemical Company in Strasburg, from 1967 to 1985. Joyce was a member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, where she was an active member of St. Paul's Ladies Aid, LWML and the Tuesday Morning Bible Study Group. She married Richard Gene Kull on May 19, 1946, at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg. He died on Jan. 22, 2005.
She is survived by her daughters, Gloria Fortkamp and husband the Rev. Gary of Effingham and Deanna "Dee Dee" Batson of Shelbyville; son, Brett Kull of Strasburg; sisters, Ruth Thomas, Dorothy Stremming and Doris Stremming and husband Delbert, all of Strasburg; sister-in-law, Betty Noffke of Stewardson; brother-in-law, Stanley Butcher of Shelbyville; grandchildren, Sara Long and husband Eric of Altamont, Gina Vonderheide and husband Travis of Shumway, Lisa Shelton and husband Brian of Strasburg and Johanna and Bryson Batson, both of Shelbyville; stepgrandson, Tim Fortkamp of Nokomis; great-grandchildren, Noah Prosser, Henry and Tyler Vonderheide, Amelia Batson, Zachary Shelton and Sophia Long; great-stepgrandchildren, Chris, Brittany and Briar Fortkamp; and numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gene Kull; and sisters, Grace Schmitt, Pearl Eyrse and Fern Kull.
- Death Notices
- Kenneth Beaumont Kenneth Dale “Smoke” Beaumont, 64, went home to Jesus on Thursday, July 24, 2014, following an eight year and eight month fight with cancer of the esophagus, colon, and pleural cavity. He was a survivor and can now rest as he has been eternally cure
- Eileen O'Donnell Effingham Eileen B. O’Donnell, 99, of Effingham, died Thursday, July 24, 2014, at her home. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. today, July 28, at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in Leith Cemetery, Mason. Memorials may b
- Leonard Mette Leonard Charles Mette, 90, of Wheeler, passed away at 10:28 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at Evergreen Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Effingham. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Bi
- Janie Martinez Janie Lou Martinez, 46, of Montrose, died at 10:05 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home. Arrangements are incomplete at the Meyer Funeral Home, Dieterich.
- Jean Webb Jean Webb, 80, of Effingham, died Friday, July 25, 2014 at her home. Arrangements are incomplete at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham.
- Sherry Spitzner Sherry Kay Spitzner, 54, of Flora, died at 4:29 a.m. Friday, July 25, 2014, at the Clay County Hospital, Flora. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday in the Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Cowden. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today, Jul
- Damian Apke Damian J. “Joe” Apke, 73, of Effingham, died at 8:11 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, Mattoon.A memorial service will be at a later date. Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, is assisting the family with arrangements. Onl
- Jeremy Vahling Jeremy Alan Vahling, 33, of Bone Gap, died at 10:55 a.m. Tuesday, July 22, 2014, at his home.Graveside services will be at 11 a.m. today, July 25, at Bone Gap Cemetery with Kirk Rowe officiating. Memorials may be made to the family and can be left at
- Helena Smith Helena M. Smith, 93, of Newton, passed away on Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital, Effingham.Funeral services will be at noon Monday at Scott Avenue Christian Church, Newton, with the Rev. Gary Hall officiating. Burial will
- Gary Carroll Gary Lynn Carroll, 60, of Brownstown, died at 8:50 a.m. Sunday, July 20, 2014, at his son’s home.There will be no services. A private family burial will take place at a later date. Gieseking-Claggett Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangem
- More Death Notices Headlines