Joyce E. Kull, 88, of Strasburg, died at 4:57 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, at Lakeland Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, with the Rev. Steven Becker officiating. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the church and one hour before services Saturday. Burial will be in Grace Cemetery, Strasburg. Arrangements are by Howe and Yockey Funeral Home, Strasburg. Memorials may be given to St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, or E.A.S.T.E.R., Effingham. Send condolences to www.howeandyockey.com.
Mrs. Kull was born Aug. 26, 1924, in Strasburg, the daughter of Louis Albert and Clara Spannagel Reel. She graduated from Strasburg High School in the Class of 1942. Joyce was the first cook for St. Paul's School in Strasburg, working there from 1954 to 1960. She helped at Kull Floral Company in Shelbyville for many years. She also worked with her husband in his business, Grace Greentown Chemical Company in Strasburg, from 1967 to 1985. Joyce was a member of St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg, where she was an active member of St. Paul's Ladies Aid, LWML and the Tuesday Morning Bible Study Group. She married Richard Gene Kull on May 19, 1946, at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Strasburg. He died on Jan. 22, 2005.
She is survived by her daughters, Gloria Fortkamp and husband the Rev. Gary of Effingham and Deanna "Dee Dee" Batson of Shelbyville; son, Brett Kull of Strasburg; sisters, Ruth Thomas, Dorothy Stremming and Doris Stremming and husband Delbert, all of Strasburg; sister-in-law, Betty Noffke of Stewardson; brother-in-law, Stanley Butcher of Shelbyville; grandchildren, Sara Long and husband Eric of Altamont, Gina Vonderheide and husband Travis of Shumway, Lisa Shelton and husband Brian of Strasburg and Johanna and Bryson Batson, both of Shelbyville; stepgrandson, Tim Fortkamp of Nokomis; great-grandchildren, Noah Prosser, Henry and Tyler Vonderheide, Amelia Batson, Zachary Shelton and Sophia Long; great-stepgrandchildren, Chris, Brittany and Briar Fortkamp; and numerous cousins, nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Gene Kull; and sisters, Grace Schmitt, Pearl Eyrse and Fern Kull.
- Death Notices
- Bradly Newlin Bradly A. Newlin, 31, of St. Clairsville, Ohio, formerly of Effingham, passed away Friday morning, Dec. 6, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham. Burial will be in Watson Cemetery. Visitation will be f
- Thomas Mailloux Thomas Joseph Mailloux, 64, of Effingham, died Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at his home. Cremation rites will be accorded as per the wishes of the family. A memorial service will be at 12:30 p.m. today, Dec. 11, at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham with the
- Alvin Oakley Alvin W. "Shotgun" Oakley, 83, of Toledo, died at 1:08 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Cumberland Rehab & Health Care Center, Greenup. Memorial services will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at Open Door Baptist Church, Toledo, with the Rev. Leon Hanley offic
- David Scammahorn David F. Scammahorn, 85, of Flora, died at 2:35 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at his home. Funeral service will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, Noble. Interment will be in Orchard Hill Cemetery, Louisville. Memorial donation
- Gloria Tipsword Gloria Tipsword, 64, of Effingham, died Wednesday, Oct. 30. A memorial service will be at 6 p.m. Friday at First Christian Church, Effingham. Gloria Tipsword Effingham
- Rosalie Miller Rosalie Miller, 79, of Newton, died at 6:30 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at her residence. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Thomas the Apostle Catholic Church in Newton with Fr. Al Kemme and Deacon Larry Miller off
- Alvin Adermann Alvin Otto Adermann, 89, of Altamont, died at 2:18 a.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013 at his rural farm home in Fayette County, near Altamont. Funeral Services will be conducted at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church, Altamont with t
- Alvin Oakley Alvin W. Oakley, 83, of Toledo, died at 1:03 p.m. Monday, Dec. 9, 2013, at Cumberland Rehab & Health Care Center, Greenup. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Bradly Newlin Bradly A. Newlin, 31, of St. Clairsville, Ohio, formerly of Effingham, passed away Friday morning, Dec. 6, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Bauer Funeral Home in Effingham with burial in Watson Cemetery. Visitation will be hel
- Carolyn Williams Carolyn Sue Williams, 76, of Mattoon, passed away at 3:35 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, Mattoon. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Swengel-O'Dell Funeral Home, Neoga, with the Rev. Dave Dolan offic
- More Death Notices Headlines