Dorothy L. Doeding Juhnke, 83, of Strasburg, died at 9:40 a.m. Wednesday, Aug. 28, 2013, at her residence. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. today, Aug. 30, at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Strasburg, with the Rev. Steven Becker officiating. Burial will be in St. Paul’s Cemetery, Strasburg. Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. today at the church. Memorials may be given to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Church Choir Fund or Church Organ Fund. Howe and Yockey Funeral Home, Strasburg, is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be sent to www.howeandyockey.com. Dorothy was born on June 2, 1930, in Strasburg, the daughter of Edward William and Amelia Sophia Vogel Doeding. She graduated from Strasburg High School in the Class of 1948. Dorothy married Paul Edward Juhnke on Aug. 21, 1949. She was a member of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church in Strasburg, where she was active in the church choir. She loved to garden and loved her cats. Dorothy was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great grandmother. She is survived by her daughters, Debra K. Richards and husband, Mark of Stewardson and Marcia L. Thomas of Strasburg; sister, Lela Ostermeier and husband, Dwight of Strasburg; four granddaughters, Sarah Wyckoff and husband, Ryan of Effingham, Laura Thomas and husband, Dave of Troy, Amy Thomas of Urbana and Katie Thomas of Glen Carbon; and four great-grandchildren, Leo and Maddux Wyckoff and Ava and Maleah Thomas. She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Paul, on Sept. 24, 2011; and three sisters, Helen Buesking, Retha Schwartz and Juanita Weber. Sign the guestbook at www.effinghamdailynews.com.
- Death Notices
- Scott Morgan Scott Morgan, 48, of Toledo, died at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Sharon Wells Sharon Elaine Wells, 61, of Sullivan, formerly of Martinsville, died at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur. At the family's request, Sharon will be cremated and there will be no services. Memorials may be sent to the
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., passed away on March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the funeral chapel. Bu
- Carl Welch Carl William Welch, 81 of Edgewood, passed away at 10:40 a.m. on Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lakeland Nursing Home in Effingham. Funeral Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Peter Lutheran Church in St. Peter, with a one-hour viewing prior
Mack B. Kitten, 78, of Teutopolis, died at 1:05 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at his home surrounded by his loving and devoted wife, six children, and 16 grandchildren.
Dorothy L. Stuckemeyer, 83, of Altamont, died at 8:55 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
Louise N. Niendick, 75, of Effingham died at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at St. John's Hospital, Springfield.
- William Nyberg William "Bill" Nyberg, 76, of Edgewood, died at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence. Services will be held at a later date. Pagel Funeral Homes, Edgewood, is assisting the family with arrangements. William Nyberg Edgewood
- Wayne Niehaus Wayne Charles "Charlie" Niehaus Sr., 91, of Effingham, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery with military rites. Visitation will be f
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., formerly of Effingham, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at V.A. Hospital, Little Rock, Ark. Arrangements are incomplete at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Earl Loy Morrilton, Ark.
- More Death Notices Headlines