Wanda Fern Tucker, 75, of Effingham, formerly of St. Elmo, passed away at 9:15 a.m. Wednesday, April 17, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at noon Saturday at C & A Pagel Funeral Home, St. Elmo. Burial will be in Maplewood Cemetery, St. Elmo. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to noon Saturday at the funeral home. Memorials may be made to American Cancer Association for breast cancer or to the donor's choice. Wanda was born March 27, 1938, in Stonington, the daughter of Floyd G. and Goldie M. Tipsword Mitchell. She was a member of the Greenland Baptist Church, rural Beecher City. She married Roger F. Tucker on Jan. 15, 1966, in St. Elmo and he preceeded her in death on June 4, 1996. Surviving are her daughters, Janet (husband, Rich) Marcott of Lincoln, Ruth (husband, Dean) Walden of Effingham, Rose Tucker of Brownstown, and Sharon (husband, James) Brush of Effingham; brothers, Charles (wife, Deb) Mitchell of St. Peter, and Floyd (wife, Linda) Mitchell of St. Elmo; 17 grandchildren; 36 great-grandchildren; and 5 great-great-grandchildren. She was preceeded in death by her parents; husband; brother, Kenny Mitchell; sisters, Violet Stockton, Clara Evans, Mary McMillian, Sharon Williams, Betty Powers and Bonnie Ledbetter. Sign the guestbook at www.effinghamdailynews.com.
- Death Notices
- Scott Morgan Scott Morgan, 48, of Toledo, died at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Sharon Wells Sharon Elaine Wells, 61, of Sullivan, formerly of Martinsville, died at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur. At the family's request, Sharon will be cremated and there will be no services. Memorials may be sent to the
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., passed away on March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the funeral chapel. Bu
- Carl Welch Carl William Welch, 81 of Edgewood, passed away at 10:40 a.m. on Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lakeland Nursing Home in Effingham. Funeral Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Peter Lutheran Church in St. Peter, with a one-hour viewing prior
Mack B. Kitten, 78, of Teutopolis, died at 1:05 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at his home surrounded by his loving and devoted wife, six children, and 16 grandchildren.
Dorothy L. Stuckemeyer, 83, of Altamont, died at 8:55 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
Louise N. Niendick, 75, of Effingham died at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at St. John's Hospital, Springfield.
- William Nyberg William "Bill" Nyberg, 76, of Edgewood, died at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence. Services will be held at a later date. Pagel Funeral Homes, Edgewood, is assisting the family with arrangements. William Nyberg Edgewood
- Wayne Niehaus Wayne Charles "Charlie" Niehaus Sr., 91, of Effingham, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery with military rites. Visitation will be f
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., formerly of Effingham, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at V.A. Hospital, Little Rock, Ark. Arrangements are incomplete at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Earl Loy Morrilton, Ark.
- More Death Notices Headlines