Norbert Eugene Pugh, 82, of rural Toledo, passed away Dec. 5, 2012, at his home with family members at his side.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Toledo Christian Church, 501 S. Maryland, Toledo. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today, Dec. 7, at the church. Burial with military rites by Cumberland County Veterans will be in Toledo Cemetery. Barkley Funeral Chapel in Toledo is assisting the family with arrangements. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Shriners Children's Hospital or Lincolnland Hospice. Online condolences can be expressed at www.barkleyfuneralchapels.com.
Norbert was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He was one of a kind with a great love of nature. Anyone who knew him appreciated his sense of humor. Norbert served in the Army and retired from Crossroad Press in 1991. He was a 50-year member of the American Legion and a member of Toledo Christian Church.
He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Evelyn (Cooper); three children, Debra Stinson (Dan) of Sullivan, Ind., Douglas Pugh (Kathy) of Toledo, Cynthia Fedrigon (Tom) of St. Elmo; 10 grandchildren, Kylie Fehrenbacher (Joe), Joshua James, Jim Stinson, Christina Pugh, Laura Pugh, Kimberly Keck (Jayson), Alex Pugh, Jordan Fedrigon, Kaelyn Fedrigon and Amber Behrends (Bill); and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Lora Isaac and Ora Helen (Stierwalt) Pugh.
- Death Notices
- Omar Lira Omar Lira, 28, of Effingham, died Friday, July 25, 2014, in Perryville, Missouri.Arrangements are incomplete at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham.
- Jean Webb Jean Webb, 80, of Effingham, slipped away peacefully in her sleep with her family near, to join her beloved Herbert, at 4 p.m. Friday, July 25, 2014.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Friday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, with entombment in Woodla
- Walton Wright Walton Roy “Short” Wright, 74, U.S. Army veteran of Decatur, formerly of Wrights Corner, died at 6:05 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Decatur Memorial Hospital.Funeral services will be at 11:30 a.m. Friday at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City,
- Bertha Gillson Bertha Mae Gillson, 89, US Navy World War II veteran of Westfield, died Monday, July 28, 2014, at Hines VA Hospital.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Markwell Chapel, 119 S. Washington St., Westfield, with the Rev. Walter Miller officia
- Daniel Helmbacher Daniel W. “Dan” Helmbacher, 55, of Effingham, died at 6:54 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014, at Effingham Rehabilitation & Health Care Center.Graveside services will be at 10:30 a.m. today, July 30, at Woodlawn Cemetery, Effingham. Memorials may be made to
- Maurice Calvert Maurice John Calvert, 81, of Sainte Marie, passed away July 28, 2014, at Heartland Christian Village, Neoga.Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Grace United Methodist Church with the Rev. Tim Pearce and Retired Navy Chief Tim Dion officiati
- Janie Martinez Janie Lou Martinez, 46, of Montrose, died at 10:05 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014, at her home.Private family services will be at a later date. Meyer Funeral Home, Dieterich, is in charge of the arrangements. Online condolences may be left at www.meyer
- Paul Verdeyen Paul A. Verdeyen, 53, of Mattoon, died Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana.Arrangements are incomplete at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham.
- Kenneth Beaumont Kenneth Dale “Smoke” Beaumont, 64, went home to Jesus on Thursday, July 24, 2014, following an eight year and eight month fight with cancer of the esophagus, colon, and pleural cavity. He was a survivor and can now rest as he has been eternally cure
- Eileen O'Donnell Effingham Eileen B. O’Donnell, 99, of Effingham, died Thursday, July 24, 2014, at her home. Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. today, July 28, at St. Anthony of Padua Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in Leith Cemetery, Mason. Memorials may b
- More Death Notices Headlines