Norbert Eugene Pugh, 82, of rural Toledo, passed away Dec. 5, 2012, at his home with family members at his side.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Toledo Christian Church, 501 S. Maryland, Toledo. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today, Dec. 7, at the church. Burial with military rites by Cumberland County Veterans will be in Toledo Cemetery. Barkley Funeral Chapel in Toledo is assisting the family with arrangements. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Shriners Children's Hospital or Lincolnland Hospice. Online condolences can be expressed at www.barkleyfuneralchapels.com.
Norbert was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He was one of a kind with a great love of nature. Anyone who knew him appreciated his sense of humor. Norbert served in the Army and retired from Crossroad Press in 1991. He was a 50-year member of the American Legion and a member of Toledo Christian Church.
He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Evelyn (Cooper); three children, Debra Stinson (Dan) of Sullivan, Ind., Douglas Pugh (Kathy) of Toledo, Cynthia Fedrigon (Tom) of St. Elmo; 10 grandchildren, Kylie Fehrenbacher (Joe), Joshua James, Jim Stinson, Christina Pugh, Laura Pugh, Kimberly Keck (Jayson), Alex Pugh, Jordan Fedrigon, Kaelyn Fedrigon and Amber Behrends (Bill); and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Lora Isaac and Ora Helen (Stierwalt) Pugh.
- Death Notices
- Betty Geesa Betty L. Cribelar Geesa, 85, formerly of Casey, died Nov. 18, 2013, at Sterling House, Port Charlotte, Fla. Services will be at noon Saturday at Casey United Methodist Church with Dr. Penelope Barber officiating. Inurnment will be in Casey Cumberland
- Dean O'Dell Dean O'Dell, 72, of Ingraham, passed away at 2:46 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Cross Catholic Church, Wendelin. Interment will be at Brooks Cemetery, r
- Dean O'Dell Dean O'Dell, 72, of Ingraham, died Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Arrangements are incomplete at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Dean O'Dell Ingraham
- Inez Harrison Inez C. Harrison, 88, of Flora, died at 4:40 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 3, 2013, at Flora Rehabilitation and Health Care Center. Arrangements are incomplete at Neal Funeral Home, Louisville. Inez Harrison Flora
- Charles Clapp Charles Luther Clapp, 86, of Westfield, died at 3:20 p.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at Heartland Nursing Center, Casey. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Markwell Funeral Home, Casey, with the Rev. Gene Southard officiating. Burial will
- Carolyn Musser Carolyn Elizabeth Musser, 88, of Beecher City, passed away at 10:14 p.m. Friday, Nov. 29, 2013, in her home. A memorial service will be at 11 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 28, in Beecher City Church of Christ. Preacher Dennis Warner will officiate. Private int
- Margaret Freepartner Margaret Freepartner, 86, of Tarpon Springs, Fla., formerly of Effingham, died Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, at her daughter's home. Cremation rites will be accorded. Graveside services will be held in Effingham at a later date. Eternal Cremations in Tarp
- Darrell Beck Darrell Lee Beck, 65, of Herrick died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, at St. Anthony's Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at Herrick Baptist Church, with Jay Huddleston officiating. Burial will be in Myers Cemetery, Herrick
- Betty Willison Betty Lou Willison, 83, of Louisville, passed away at 8:51 a.m. Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at J.W. Neal Funeral Home, Louisville, with Cecil Cochran officiating. I
- Elveira Harthan Elveira Harthan, 75, of Martinsville, died Saturday, Nov. 30, 2013, at Union Hospital, Terre Haute, Ind. Funeral services will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at Martinsville United Methodist Church with the Rev. Dr. Donald Graham and the Rev. John N. Gart
- More Death Notices Headlines