Norbert Eugene Pugh, 82, of rural Toledo, passed away Dec. 5, 2012, at his home with family members at his side.
Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at Toledo Christian Church, 501 S. Maryland, Toledo. Visitation will be from 6 to 8 p.m. today, Dec. 7, at the church. Burial with military rites by Cumberland County Veterans will be in Toledo Cemetery. Barkley Funeral Chapel in Toledo is assisting the family with arrangements. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Shriners Children's Hospital or Lincolnland Hospice. Online condolences can be expressed at www.barkleyfuneralchapels.com.
Norbert was a loving husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He was one of a kind with a great love of nature. Anyone who knew him appreciated his sense of humor. Norbert served in the Army and retired from Crossroad Press in 1991. He was a 50-year member of the American Legion and a member of Toledo Christian Church.
He is survived by his wife of 54 years, Evelyn (Cooper); three children, Debra Stinson (Dan) of Sullivan, Ind., Douglas Pugh (Kathy) of Toledo, Cynthia Fedrigon (Tom) of St. Elmo; 10 grandchildren, Kylie Fehrenbacher (Joe), Joshua James, Jim Stinson, Christina Pugh, Laura Pugh, Kimberly Keck (Jayson), Alex Pugh, Jordan Fedrigon, Kaelyn Fedrigon and Amber Behrends (Bill); and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Lora Isaac and Ora Helen (Stierwalt) Pugh.
- Death Notices
- Mary Fristoe Mary Louise Fristoe, 80, of St. Elmo, passed away at 8:06 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Presence Covenant Medical Center, Urbana. Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday at C & A Pagel Funeral Home, St. Elmo, with burial in Maplewood Cemet
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., a U.S. Army veteran, died March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. today, March 10, at Hall Funeral Home, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 at the funeral
- Scott Morgan Scott Morgan, 48, of Toledo, died at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Patrick Pendergast Patrick Joseph Pendergast, 80, of Charleston, passed away Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home in Effingham. Memorial visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Caudill-King Funeral Home Patrick was born March 22, 1933 in Coles County, son of
- Sharon Wells Sharon Elaine Wells, 61, of Sullivan, formerly of Martinsville, died at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur. At the family's request, Sharon will be cremated and there will be no services. Memorials may be sent to the
- Dorothy Stuckemeyer Dorothy L. Stuckemeyer, 83, of Altamont, died at 8:55 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lutheran Care Center, Altamont. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. today, March 10, at Immanuel Lutheran Church, Altamont, with Rev. Dr. James F. Wright officiating.
- Wanda Syfert Wanda Maurine Syfert, 83, of Windsor, died at 5:48 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at the Decatur Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Lovins-Lockart Funeral Home, Windsor with Pastor Kathy Lewis officiating. Vis
- Scott Morgan Scott "Scotty" Morgan, 48, of Toledo, passed away at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel. Buri
- Maureen Toops Maureen L. "Moe" Toops, 58, of Neoga, passed away at 4:45 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her residence. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the St. Mary of The Assumption Church of Neoga, with Fr. Sunder Ery of Green Cre
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., passed away on March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the funeral chapel. Bu
- More Death Notices Headlines