Benjamin “Jack” Franklin Ellis Jr., 92, of Decatur, died at 7:12 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, 2013, at Imboden Creek Living Center. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Brintlinger and Earl Funeral Home, Decatur, with visitation from 5 to 7 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Macon County Memorial Park, Harristown. Memorials may be made to Imboden Creek Living Center, Skilled Care and Activity Department. Condolences may be left to the family at www.brintlingerandearl.com. Benjamin was born April 15, 1921, in Akron, Ohio, the son of Benjamin Franklin Ellis Sr. and Pearl (Sales). He married Euna K. Brown in 1943 in Hollister, Calif., and she passed away on Feb. 4, 2011. He married Ethel Allison on Nov. 14, 1970, in Ridgway. In 1972, Benjamin started working for the Herald & Review as a line type operator and paste makeup, retiring after 30 years of service, and also for 27 years as a mechanic at Decatur Sears Auto Center. He loved gardening, fishing, hunting, mechanics and enjoyed his dogs. Benjamin was a member of V.F.W. and American Legion and a former active officer of Carmi baseball, Babe Ruth and Little League. He was a U.S. Navy veteran, serving in World War II.He is survived by his wife, Ethel of Decatur; daughters, Benna Kay Cunningham (Chuck) of Bogart, Ga., and Kalei Corrington (Scott) of Decatur; son, Jack Lee Ellis (Debbie) of Effingham, Eric Bradshaw (friend, Lana) of Decatur and Brad Bradshaw (Donna) of Mount Zion; grandchildren, Jaclyn, Nicole, Amanda, Nicholas, Lindsey, Brandon, Brittani, Alex, Cody, Dustin, Caleb, Allison, Wesley, Jacob, Ronnie, Victoria, Crystal; and 19 great-grandchildren.He was preceded in death by his parents; son, Bryan “Wade” Bradshaw; granddaughter, Amber; and sister, Mildred Roy.Sign the guestbook at www.effinghamdailynews.com.
- Death Notices
- Scott Morgan Scott Morgan, 48, of Toledo, died at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Sharon Wells Sharon Elaine Wells, 61, of Sullivan, formerly of Martinsville, died at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur. At the family's request, Sharon will be cremated and there will be no services. Memorials may be sent to the
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., passed away on March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the funeral chapel. Bu
- Carl Welch Carl William Welch, 81 of Edgewood, passed away at 10:40 a.m. on Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lakeland Nursing Home in Effingham. Funeral Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Peter Lutheran Church in St. Peter, with a one-hour viewing prior
Mack B. Kitten, 78, of Teutopolis, died at 1:05 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at his home surrounded by his loving and devoted wife, six children, and 16 grandchildren.
Dorothy L. Stuckemeyer, 83, of Altamont, died at 8:55 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
Louise N. Niendick, 75, of Effingham died at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at St. John's Hospital, Springfield.
- William Nyberg William "Bill" Nyberg, 76, of Edgewood, died at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence. Services will be held at a later date. Pagel Funeral Homes, Edgewood, is assisting the family with arrangements. William Nyberg Edgewood
- Wayne Niehaus Wayne Charles "Charlie" Niehaus Sr., 91, of Effingham, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery with military rites. Visitation will be f
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., formerly of Effingham, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at V.A. Hospital, Little Rock, Ark. Arrangements are incomplete at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Earl Loy Morrilton, Ark.
- More Death Notices Headlines