Eleanor Ann Loy Devall, 94, of Effingham, passed away at 10:10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, with Dr. Joe Scheets officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Effingham. Visitation will be from noon until service time at the church. Johnson Funeral Home, Effingham, is in charge of arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham. Online condolences may be left at www.johnsonandsonsfh.com.
Eleanor was born on July 20, 1918, in Effingham, the youngest child of Clark M. and Anna (Behrens) Loy. She married Noble F. Devall on March 30, 1944, in Effingham, and he preceded her in death on Aug. 6, 1989. Eleanor was a 1941 graduate of the University of Illinois in Urbana and taught English at Teutopolis High School from 1966 to 1984. She was a lifelong member of Centenary United Methodist Church in Effingham, was president of the United Methodist Women and served on many of the governing boards of the church. She was the church organist for many years. Eleanor was also a 50-year plus member of Chapter FA of P.E.O., Effingham, serving as president three times. She was a member of the local chapter of DAR and also a member of FISH, delivering Meals on Wheels and driving as needed in the area for 12 years. Also included in her many activities were the Effingham Ladies Reading Circle, the local garden club, the Community Concert Board and the United Way Board.
Eleanor is survived by her three children, Nancy (Bill) Reynolds of Marco Island, Fla., David A. (Penny) Devall of Champaign and Robert K. "Bob" (Debbie) Devall of Effingham. She also leaves nine grandchildren, Brock (Amy) Reynolds, Scott (Michelle) Reynolds, David A. Devall Jr., Michael Devall, Barbara (Scott) Coonrod, MSgt. Robert (Meghan) Devall, Theresa (Scott) Jensen, Matt Devall, Mark Devall; and six great-grandchildren, Braeden Devall, Preston Reynolds, Shaling Reynolds, Cooper Reynolds, Chase Reynolds and Lucas Jensen.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Noble; brother, Robert K. Loy; sister, Dorothy Hedgcock; and two infant siblings.
- Death Notices
- Scott Morgan Scott Morgan, 48, of Toledo, died at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Sharon Wells Sharon Elaine Wells, 61, of Sullivan, formerly of Martinsville, died at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur. At the family's request, Sharon will be cremated and there will be no services. Memorials may be sent to the
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., passed away on March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the funeral chapel. Bu
- Carl Welch Carl William Welch, 81 of Edgewood, passed away at 10:40 a.m. on Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lakeland Nursing Home in Effingham. Funeral Services will be held at 11 a.m. Tuesday at St. Peter Lutheran Church in St. Peter, with a one-hour viewing prior
Mack B. Kitten, 78, of Teutopolis, died at 1:05 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at his home surrounded by his loving and devoted wife, six children, and 16 grandchildren.
Dorothy L. Stuckemeyer, 83, of Altamont, died at 8:55 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at Lutheran Care Center, Altamont.
Louise N. Niendick, 75, of Effingham died at 4:28 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at St. John's Hospital, Springfield.
- William Nyberg William "Bill" Nyberg, 76, of Edgewood, died at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014, at his residence. Services will be held at a later date. Pagel Funeral Homes, Edgewood, is assisting the family with arrangements. William Nyberg Edgewood
- Wayne Niehaus Wayne Charles "Charlie" Niehaus Sr., 91, of Effingham, died Tuesday, March 4, 2014. Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery with military rites. Visitation will be f
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., formerly of Effingham, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014, at V.A. Hospital, Little Rock, Ark. Arrangements are incomplete at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Earl Loy Morrilton, Ark.
- More Death Notices Headlines