Eleanor Ann Loy Devall, 94, of Effingham, passed away at 10:10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, with Dr. Joe Scheets officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Effingham. Visitation will be from noon until service time at the church. Johnson Funeral Home, Effingham, is in charge of arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham. Online condolences may be left at www.johnsonandsonsfh.com.
Eleanor was born on July 20, 1918, in Effingham, the youngest child of Clark M. and Anna (Behrens) Loy. She married Noble F. Devall on March 30, 1944, in Effingham, and he preceded her in death on Aug. 6, 1989. Eleanor was a 1941 graduate of the University of Illinois in Urbana and taught English at Teutopolis High School from 1966 to 1984. She was a lifelong member of Centenary United Methodist Church in Effingham, was president of the United Methodist Women and served on many of the governing boards of the church. She was the church organist for many years. Eleanor was also a 50-year plus member of Chapter FA of P.E.O., Effingham, serving as president three times. She was a member of the local chapter of DAR and also a member of FISH, delivering Meals on Wheels and driving as needed in the area for 12 years. Also included in her many activities were the Effingham Ladies Reading Circle, the local garden club, the Community Concert Board and the United Way Board.
Eleanor is survived by her three children, Nancy (Bill) Reynolds of Marco Island, Fla., David A. (Penny) Devall of Champaign and Robert K. "Bob" (Debbie) Devall of Effingham. She also leaves nine grandchildren, Brock (Amy) Reynolds, Scott (Michelle) Reynolds, David A. Devall Jr., Michael Devall, Barbara (Scott) Coonrod, MSgt. Robert (Meghan) Devall, Theresa (Scott) Jensen, Matt Devall, Mark Devall; and six great-grandchildren, Braeden Devall, Preston Reynolds, Shaling Reynolds, Cooper Reynolds, Chase Reynolds and Lucas Jensen.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Noble; brother, Robert K. Loy; sister, Dorothy Hedgcock; and two infant siblings.
- Death Notices
- Diane Siewert Diane Marie Siewert, 52, of Champaign, passed away early Monday morning on Aug. 18, 2014.Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Cross Church, 405 W. Clark St., Champaign. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday with a 3:30 p.m. prayer se
- James Beckwith Doris Beckwith James M. Beckwith born May 15, 1909, in Jasper County, passed away on Nov. 15, 2005, in Huntington Beach, California. He was 96 years old.Doris O. Beckwith (Decker) born January 6, 1908, in Toledo, joined the love of her life on Oct. 8, 2011, also in
- Bonnie Mccandlish Bonnie J. Mccandlish, 68, of Toledo, died at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Heartland Christian Village, Neoga.Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Jack Cotton Jack J. “Papa” Cotton, 71, died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his late residence, with his loving family by his side.Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church. Burial will be at 3 p.m. in Coons Cemetery,
- Karen Cleaver Karen Gail Cleaver, 74, of Newton, died at 11:18 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at St. John’s Hospital, Springfield.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Meyer Funeral Home, Newton, with Chris Parr officiating. Burial will be in Westlawn Memor
- Tonya Gephart Tonya Lynn Gephart, 40, of Mason, passed away at 1:09 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana. Visitation service will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Cornerstone Christian Church, Effingham. There will be a memorial service
- Dennis Snearley Dennis George Snearley, 47, of Olney, died at 9:45 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Richland Memorial Hospital, Olney.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Olney Christian Outreach Centere, 3691 N. Van Road, Olney, with the Rev. John Monroe of
- Florence Mason Florence Victoria Mason, 95, of West Terre Haute, Indiana, formerly of Newton, died Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at Bethesda Gardens in Terre Haute, Indiana.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Roselawn Funeral Home, Terre Haute, Indiana. Burial
- Larry Carter Larry Eugene Carter, 54, of Clay City, died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis.A Celebration of Life service will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Frank & Bright Funeral Home, Flora. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at t
- Joshuah Lankford Joshuah Steven “Lank” Lankford, 33, of Decatur, passed away Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, in Decatur.Services to celebrate Josh’s life were held Aug. 17 at Graceland/Fairlawn Funeral Home. Visitation was held Sunday at the funeral home. Private burial with
- More Death Notices Headlines