Eleanor Ann Loy Devall, 94, of Effingham, passed away at 10:10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, with Dr. Joe Scheets officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Effingham. Visitation will be from noon until service time at the church. Johnson Funeral Home, Effingham, is in charge of arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham. Online condolences may be left at www.johnsonandsonsfh.com.
Eleanor was born on July 20, 1918, in Effingham, the youngest child of Clark M. and Anna (Behrens) Loy. She married Noble F. Devall on March 30, 1944, in Effingham, and he preceded her in death on Aug. 6, 1989. Eleanor was a 1941 graduate of the University of Illinois in Urbana and taught English at Teutopolis High School from 1966 to 1984. She was a lifelong member of Centenary United Methodist Church in Effingham, was president of the United Methodist Women and served on many of the governing boards of the church. She was the church organist for many years. Eleanor was also a 50-year plus member of Chapter FA of P.E.O., Effingham, serving as president three times. She was a member of the local chapter of DAR and also a member of FISH, delivering Meals on Wheels and driving as needed in the area for 12 years. Also included in her many activities were the Effingham Ladies Reading Circle, the local garden club, the Community Concert Board and the United Way Board.
Eleanor is survived by her three children, Nancy (Bill) Reynolds of Marco Island, Fla., David A. (Penny) Devall of Champaign and Robert K. "Bob" (Debbie) Devall of Effingham. She also leaves nine grandchildren, Brock (Amy) Reynolds, Scott (Michelle) Reynolds, David A. Devall Jr., Michael Devall, Barbara (Scott) Coonrod, MSgt. Robert (Meghan) Devall, Theresa (Scott) Jensen, Matt Devall, Mark Devall; and six great-grandchildren, Braeden Devall, Preston Reynolds, Shaling Reynolds, Cooper Reynolds, Chase Reynolds and Lucas Jensen.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Noble; brother, Robert K. Loy; sister, Dorothy Hedgcock; and two infant siblings.
- Death Notices
- Marilyn Barkley Marilyn Barkley, 69, of Toledo, died at 10 p.m. Monday, April 21, 2014, at her residence. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Greenup. Marilyn Barkley Toledo
- Douglas Brummer Douglas B. "Doug" Brummer, 60, of Sigel, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at his home. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. today, April 23, at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until
- Helen Raddatz Helen E. Raddatz, 71, of Effingham, died at 2:30 p.m. Sunday, April 20, 2014, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, with entombment in Woodlawn Cemetery. Visitati
- James Bloemer James Joseph "Jim" Bloemer, 71, of rural Effingham, died at 3:40 a.m. Monday at his home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Anthony Catholic Church in Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery. Visitation will be from 4 t
- Jacqulyn McHenry Jacqulyn Kay McHenry, 73, of Littleton, Colo., passed peacefully on April 18, 2014, at Porter Hospice in Centennial, Colo. Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home, Newton. Visitation will be followed by burial at the Shil
- Leland Westfall Master Sgt. (Ret.) U.S. Air Force Leland A. Westfall, 82, formerly of Effingham, died Friday, April 18, 2014, in Del Rio, Texas. Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. today, April 22, at Sunset Memorial Oaks Cemetery, Del Rio, Texas, with military hon
- Matthew Austin Matthew C. "Matt" Austin, 47, of Brownstown, died Saturday, April 19, 2014, at St. Elmo. Services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the First Church of God, Vandalia, with the Rev. Dave Keefer and the Rev. Jim Giffin officiating. Burial will be in Mt. C
- Ralph Elke Ralph C. Elke, 86, of Effingham, passed away at 10:18 a.m. Wednesday, April 9, 2014, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham. A Celebration of Ralph's life will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Pearson Building (Lake Sara) 15170
- Douglas Brummer Douglas B. "Doug" Brummer, 60, passed away Sunday, April 20, 2014, at his home in Sigel. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Anthony Cemetery. Visitation will be from 9:30 a.m. until t
- Marva Perry Marva Jean Perry, 75, of Effingham, passed away at 7:34 p.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. A private memorial service will be held in Beecher City Cemetery. Memorials may be made to the donor's choice. Locka
- More Death Notices Headlines