Eleanor Ann Loy Devall, 94, of Effingham, passed away at 10:10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, with Dr. Joe Scheets officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Effingham. Visitation will be from noon until service time at the church. Johnson Funeral Home, Effingham, is in charge of arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham. Online condolences may be left at www.johnsonandsonsfh.com.
Eleanor was born on July 20, 1918, in Effingham, the youngest child of Clark M. and Anna (Behrens) Loy. She married Noble F. Devall on March 30, 1944, in Effingham, and he preceded her in death on Aug. 6, 1989. Eleanor was a 1941 graduate of the University of Illinois in Urbana and taught English at Teutopolis High School from 1966 to 1984. She was a lifelong member of Centenary United Methodist Church in Effingham, was president of the United Methodist Women and served on many of the governing boards of the church. She was the church organist for many years. Eleanor was also a 50-year plus member of Chapter FA of P.E.O., Effingham, serving as president three times. She was a member of the local chapter of DAR and also a member of FISH, delivering Meals on Wheels and driving as needed in the area for 12 years. Also included in her many activities were the Effingham Ladies Reading Circle, the local garden club, the Community Concert Board and the United Way Board.
Eleanor is survived by her three children, Nancy (Bill) Reynolds of Marco Island, Fla., David A. (Penny) Devall of Champaign and Robert K. "Bob" (Debbie) Devall of Effingham. She also leaves nine grandchildren, Brock (Amy) Reynolds, Scott (Michelle) Reynolds, David A. Devall Jr., Michael Devall, Barbara (Scott) Coonrod, MSgt. Robert (Meghan) Devall, Theresa (Scott) Jensen, Matt Devall, Mark Devall; and six great-grandchildren, Braeden Devall, Preston Reynolds, Shaling Reynolds, Cooper Reynolds, Chase Reynolds and Lucas Jensen.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Noble; brother, Robert K. Loy; sister, Dorothy Hedgcock; and two infant siblings.
- Death Notices
- Mary Fristoe Mary Louise Fristoe, 80, of St. Elmo, passed away at 8:06 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Presence Covenant Medical Center, Urbana. Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday at C & A Pagel Funeral Home, St. Elmo, with burial in Maplewood Cemet
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., a U.S. Army veteran, died March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services are at 11 a.m. today, March 10, at Hall Funeral Home, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 at the funeral
- Scott Morgan Scott Morgan, 48, of Toledo, died at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Patrick Pendergast Patrick Joseph Pendergast, 80, of Charleston, passed away Friday, March 7, 2014, at his home in Effingham. Memorial visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the Caudill-King Funeral Home Patrick was born March 22, 1933 in Coles County, son of
- Sharon Wells Sharon Elaine Wells, 61, of Sullivan, formerly of Martinsville, died at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur. At the family's request, Sharon will be cremated and there will be no services. Memorials may be sent to the
- Wanda Syfert Wanda Maurine Syfert, 83, of Windsor, died at 5:48 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at the Decatur Memorial Hospital. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday in the Lovins-Lockart Funeral Home, Windsor with Pastor Kathy Lewis officiating. Vis
- Scott Morgan Scott "Scotty" Morgan, 48, of Toledo, passed away at 10:28 a.m. Friday, March 7, 2014. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo. Visitation will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel. Buri
- Maureen Toops Maureen L. "Moe" Toops, 58, of Neoga, passed away at 4:45 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her residence. A Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the St. Mary of The Assumption Church of Neoga, with Fr. Sunder Ery of Green Cre
- Earl Loy Earl S. Loy, 80, of Morrilton, Ark., passed away on March 5, 2014, at the VA Hospital in Little Rock, Ark. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Monday at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the funeral chapel. Bu
- Dustin Howe Dustin Lee Howe, 21, of Yale, died at 12:24 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Indiana University Health Hospital, Indianapolis. Private family services will be held. Burial will follow in the New Hope Cemetery, Yale. In Dustin's honor his family has r
- More Death Notices Headlines