Eleanor Ann Loy Devall, 94, of Effingham, passed away at 10:10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 6, 2012, at Lakeland Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, Effingham.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham, with Dr. Joe Scheets officiating. Burial will be in Oak Ridge Cemetery, Effingham. Visitation will be from noon until service time at the church. Johnson Funeral Home, Effingham, is in charge of arrangements. Memorial donations may be made to Centenary United Methodist Church, Effingham. Online condolences may be left at www.johnsonandsonsfh.com.
Eleanor was born on July 20, 1918, in Effingham, the youngest child of Clark M. and Anna (Behrens) Loy. She married Noble F. Devall on March 30, 1944, in Effingham, and he preceded her in death on Aug. 6, 1989. Eleanor was a 1941 graduate of the University of Illinois in Urbana and taught English at Teutopolis High School from 1966 to 1984. She was a lifelong member of Centenary United Methodist Church in Effingham, was president of the United Methodist Women and served on many of the governing boards of the church. She was the church organist for many years. Eleanor was also a 50-year plus member of Chapter FA of P.E.O., Effingham, serving as president three times. She was a member of the local chapter of DAR and also a member of FISH, delivering Meals on Wheels and driving as needed in the area for 12 years. Also included in her many activities were the Effingham Ladies Reading Circle, the local garden club, the Community Concert Board and the United Way Board.
Eleanor is survived by her three children, Nancy (Bill) Reynolds of Marco Island, Fla., David A. (Penny) Devall of Champaign and Robert K. "Bob" (Debbie) Devall of Effingham. She also leaves nine grandchildren, Brock (Amy) Reynolds, Scott (Michelle) Reynolds, David A. Devall Jr., Michael Devall, Barbara (Scott) Coonrod, MSgt. Robert (Meghan) Devall, Theresa (Scott) Jensen, Matt Devall, Mark Devall; and six great-grandchildren, Braeden Devall, Preston Reynolds, Shaling Reynolds, Cooper Reynolds, Chase Reynolds and Lucas Jensen.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Noble; brother, Robert K. Loy; sister, Dorothy Hedgcock; and two infant siblings.
- Death Notices
- Omar Lira Omar Lira, 28, of Effingham, died Friday, July 25, 2014, in Perryville, Missouri.A celebration of life service will be at 7 p.m. Sunday at Calvary Baptist Church, Effingham. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the church. Burial will be at
- Ronald Florey Ronald C. Florey, 67, of Beecher City, died at 1:53 a.m. Thursday, July 31, 2014, at St. Anthony’s Memorial Hospital, Effingham.Arrangements are incomplete at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City.
- Louis Rieman Louis Rieman, 83, of Wheeler, died at 8:12 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana.Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at St. Aloysius Catholic Church, Bishop Creek, with the Rev. Ken Rosswog celebrating
- Paul Verdeyen Paul A. Verdeyen, 53, of Mattoon, died Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Monday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham. Burial will be in St. Francis Cemetery, Teutopolis. Visitation will be one
- Winona Rotramel Winona L. Rotramel, 92, of Effingham, died at 7:16 a.m. Thursday, July 31, 2014, at St. Mary’s Hospital, Decatur.Arrangements are incomplete at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham.
- Douglas Malcom Douglas Keith Malcom, 56, of Casey, formerly of Robinson and Olney, died at 2:45 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, Mattoon.Graveside funeral services will be at 2:45 p.m. Saturday at Washington Street Cemetery, Casey
- Marietta Turner Marietta I. Turner of St. Elmo, passed away at 12:48 a.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014, at Aperion Care, St. Elmo.She was laid to rest at 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 30, 2014, at Mason Cemetery. Pagel Funeral Home, Edgewood, assisted the family with arrangement
- Damian Apke Damian Joseph “Joe”/”Spud” Apke, 73, of Effingham, died at 8:11 p.m. Wednesday, July 23, 2014, at Sarah Bush Lincoln Health Center, surrounded by his family.The celebration of Joe’s life will begin at 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 23, with a graveside memori
- Larry Crotser Larry Lee Crotser, 72, of Nixa, Missouri, formerly of Brownstown, died Sunday, July 27, 2014.A graveside service, under the direction of the Gieseking-Claggett Funeral Home, Brownstown, will be at noon Saturday at Griffith Cemetery, Brownstown, with
- Omar Lira Omar Lira, 28, of Effingham, died Friday, July 25, 2014, in Perryville, Missouri.Arrangements are incomplete at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham.
- More Death Notices Headlines