Marcella M. Burner, 87, of rural Cowden, formerly of Effingham, passed away at 1:35 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital in Effingham.
A public memorial Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Teutopolis. Visitation was held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, at Bauer Funeral Home, Teutopolis. Burial took place at 9:15 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, in St. Francis Cemetery, Teutopolis. Memorials may be made to the donor's choice. Online condolences may be left at www.bauerfh.com
Marcella was born Dec. 21, 1924, in Teutopolis, the daughter of Fred and Marie (Schlemmer) Schoenhoff. She married James B. Burner in 1948.
Marcella was a strong, independent woman who loved her family. She held her grandchildren very dear to her heart. She was known for her extreme kindness and her love of animals.
Marcella is survived by her two daughters, Linda (Danny) Grimes of Kewanee and Susan (Jerry) Henkelman of Watson; two sons, Mike Burner of Effingham and Jeff Burner of Teutopolis; 11 grandkids, Shad Burner and Stacy Hollinshead, whom she had raised, Jason Burner, Maria Barfield, April Hardiek, Angela Henkelman, Shane Henkelman, Brett Burner, Garth Grimes, Chandra Dowda and Kenneth "Bogie" Pontious; and 19 great-grandchildren.
Marcella was preceded in death by her parents; son, James "Bud;" brother, Frederick; and sister, Mildred Sanderson.
- Death Notices
- Thelma Walden Thelma E. Walden, 98, of Newton, died at 7:25 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at Newton Rest Haven Nursing Home. Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Greenup. Thelma Walden Newton
- Zita Zimmerman Zita Glora Zimmerman, 83, of Decatur, formerly of Martinsville, died at 6:05 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at St. Mary's Hospital, Decatur. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Greenwell Funeral Home, Martinsville, with Billie Ray Ulrey of
- Lynda Jakubowski Lynda D. Jakubowski, 46, of Effingham, died Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her home. Arrangements are incomplete at Johnson Funeral Home, Effingham. Lynda Jakubowski Effingham
- Cathy White Cathy L. White, 53, of Effingham, died Monday, March 10, 2014, at her home. Arrangements are incomplete at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Cathy White Effingham
Leo E. Hille, 86, of Effingham, died Monday, March 10, 2014, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital, Effingham. Arrangements are incomplete at Hall Funeral Chapel, Effingham. Leo Hille Effingham
Clarence Eugene "Chub" Weck, 70, of Hidalgo, passed away at 3:30 a.m. Monday, March 10, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at Blake-Buchanan Funeral Home, Newton, with the Rev. Jack Stoops officiating. Burial will be in Ri
- Virginia Cook Virginia W. Cook, 75, of Windsor, passed away at 2:35 a.m. Monday, March 10, 2014, at Sullivan Health Care Center. Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Lovins-Lockart Funeral Home, Windsor, with the Rev. Richard Eident officiating. Burial
- Ronald Mauck Ronald C. "Ron" Mauck, 78, passed away Thursday, February 25, 2014 at his Lake Sara residence. A time of fellowship will begin at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Bauer Funeral Home, Effingham, followed by a 7 p.m. prayer service. Ron will be laid to rest near
- Clemit Peifer Clemit T. Peifer, 91, of Beecher City died at 4:59 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at St. Anthony's Hospital, Effingham. Arrangements are incomplete at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City. Clemit Peifer Beecher City
- Mary Fristoe Mary Louise Fristoe, 80, of St. Elmo, passed away at 8:06 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Presence Covenant Medical Center, Urbana. Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday at C & A Pagel Funeral Home, St. Elmo, with burial in Maplewood Cemet
- More Death Notices Headlines