Marcella M. Burner, 87, of rural Cowden, formerly of Effingham, passed away at 1:35 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2012, at St. Anthony's Memorial Hospital in Effingham.
A public memorial Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Teutopolis. Visitation was held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Dec. 7, at Bauer Funeral Home, Teutopolis. Burial took place at 9:15 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 8, in St. Francis Cemetery, Teutopolis. Memorials may be made to the donor's choice. Online condolences may be left at www.bauerfh.com
Marcella was born Dec. 21, 1924, in Teutopolis, the daughter of Fred and Marie (Schlemmer) Schoenhoff. She married James B. Burner in 1948.
Marcella was a strong, independent woman who loved her family. She held her grandchildren very dear to her heart. She was known for her extreme kindness and her love of animals.
Marcella is survived by her two daughters, Linda (Danny) Grimes of Kewanee and Susan (Jerry) Henkelman of Watson; two sons, Mike Burner of Effingham and Jeff Burner of Teutopolis; 11 grandkids, Shad Burner and Stacy Hollinshead, whom she had raised, Jason Burner, Maria Barfield, April Hardiek, Angela Henkelman, Shane Henkelman, Brett Burner, Garth Grimes, Chandra Dowda and Kenneth "Bogie" Pontious; and 19 great-grandchildren.
Marcella was preceded in death by her parents; son, James "Bud;" brother, Frederick; and sister, Mildred Sanderson.
- Death Notices
- Diane Siewert Diane Marie Siewert, 52, of Champaign, passed away early Monday morning on Aug. 18, 2014.Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Holy Cross Church, 405 W. Clark St., Champaign. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday with a 3:30 p.m. prayer se
- James Beckwith Doris Beckwith James M. Beckwith born May 15, 1909, in Jasper County, passed away on Nov. 15, 2005, in Huntington Beach, California. He was 96 years old.Doris O. Beckwith (Decker) born January 6, 1908, in Toledo, joined the love of her life on Oct. 8, 2011, also in
- Bonnie Mccandlish Bonnie J. Mccandlish, 68, of Toledo, died at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, 2014, at Heartland Christian Village, Neoga.Arrangements are incomplete at Barkley Funeral Chapel, Toledo.
- Jack Cotton Jack J. “Papa” Cotton, 71, died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at his late residence, with his loving family by his side.Mass of Christian Burial will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church. Burial will be at 3 p.m. in Coons Cemetery,
- Karen Cleaver Karen Gail Cleaver, 74, of Newton, died at 11:18 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at St. John’s Hospital, Springfield.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at Meyer Funeral Home, Newton, with Chris Parr officiating. Burial will be in Westlawn Memor
- Tonya Gephart Tonya Lynn Gephart, 40, of Mason, passed away at 1:09 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Carle Foundation Hospital, Urbana. Visitation service will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at Cornerstone Christian Church, Effingham. There will be a memorial service
- Dennis Snearley Dennis George Snearley, 47, of Olney, died at 9:45 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 17, 2014, at Richland Memorial Hospital, Olney.Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Olney Christian Outreach Centere, 3691 N. Van Road, Olney, with the Rev. John Monroe of
- Florence Mason Florence Victoria Mason, 95, of West Terre Haute, Indiana, formerly of Newton, died Friday, Aug. 15, 2014, at Bethesda Gardens in Terre Haute, Indiana.Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Roselawn Funeral Home, Terre Haute, Indiana. Burial
- Larry Carter Larry Eugene Carter, 54, of Clay City, died Saturday, Aug. 16, 2014, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis.A Celebration of Life service will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Frank & Bright Funeral Home, Flora. Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday at t
- Joshuah Lankford Joshuah Steven “Lank” Lankford, 33, of Decatur, passed away Monday, Aug. 11, 2014, in Decatur.Services to celebrate Josh’s life were held Aug. 17 at Graceland/Fairlawn Funeral Home. Visitation was held Sunday at the funeral home. Private burial with
- More Death Notices Headlines