Ryan Chestine of Monroe, Washington, runs along U.S. 40 between Altamont and Effingham as part of Crossroad Walkers, a group of young pro-life advocates who are calling attention to their cause with a cross-country walk — that sometimes turns into a run for those like Chestine, a former cross-country runner.
Walking for life
A group of nine Crossroads Walkers braved temperatures approaching 90 degrees Tuesday to walk from Greenville to Effingham as part of a cross-country walk designed to call attention to the pro-life movement..
- Walking for life
- Latest News Posts
Effingham's season comes to a close with 11-1 loss to Salem
A 1-0 lead for Effingham Post 120 rapidly evaporated, and the post’s Junior Legion season came to an end with a 11-1 loss in five innings to Salem Post 128 Tuesday night.Continued ...
The game was for the final spot of District 23 in the divisional tournament, with Newton Post 20 and Breese Post 252 Gray punching their tickets by winning their district divisions.
- Newton Post 20 falls short against Breese Gray 9-3
- Barnes' one-hitter boosts Post 120; Effingham beats Dieterich 1-0
- Effingham's season comes to a close with 11-1 loss to Salem
- Death Notices
Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
Any parent or teacher can tell you that schoolchildren tend to slip back a bit academically over the long summer break. But now a Harvard University study has come up with troubling indications that they also gain weight more quickly during those months when, traditionally, we hope they're outdoors much of the time, enjoying the summer sun.Continued ...
- Lean retirement looms for Generation X
- Father's Day cards make subjects the targets of jokes
- Texting while driving is latest teen risk as smoking declines
- Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
- CNHI News Service Originals
Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death
Unchecked tears rolled down Paul Martin’s lined face as he clutched the hand of an Air Force servicewoman who handed him a handwritten note at the graveside service for his older brother.Continued ...
- Elderly woman accused of killing 89-year-old husband
- Judge's wife admits she spiked his wine with antifreeze
- Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death