- Local News
Illinois authorities investigate killing of ducks near Vandalia
Illinois Conservation Police is investigating the illegal killing last week of more than 30 ducks at the Carlyle Lake State Fish and Wildlife Area near Vandalia.Continued ...
- Firm working on Eagle Creek resort backs out
- Driver injured in interstate crash
- Altamont students prep for PARCC
- Commission approves special use permit for Austin Mansion
- Illinois authorities investigate killing of ducks near Vandalia
Sesser stops Dieterich
Dieterich held Sesser-Valier scoreless almost halfway through the fourth quarter, but the Movin’ Maroons only scored four points to that point.Continued ...
Time kept ticking away on the Maroons, trailing by 12 points with 4:36 remaining; then their offense got on a roll. A 16-point deficit to begin the fourth quarter quickly turned into a small four points.
But the Maroons fumbled chances to cut into the lead, especially from the free throw line. They shot 43.8 percent from the line in their 57-48 Class 1A Super-Sectional loss on Tuesday in Carbondale.
- Shoes' comeback falls short, 51-45
- Maroons hoping first time's the charm
- Sesser stops Dieterich
- Death Notices
Clemit Tipsword Peifer, 91, of Beecher City, passed away at 5:15 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014, at St. Anthony's Hospital, Effingham. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lockart-Green Funeral Home, Beecher City, with Masonic rites. The Rev.Continued ...
- Cathy White
- Thomas Michael
- Dennis Whightsel
- Jackie Becker
- Clemit Peifer
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.Continued ...
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- Frigid U.S. weather means highest power prices since '08
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- CNHI News Service Originals
VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
The mummified body of a Michigan woman was discovered in the backseat of her car approximately six years after her death. The body was only found after the bank that foreclosed on the home ordered work on the property.Continued ...
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
- VIDEO: Apple iPhone to become more car-friendly
- VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years