- Local News
Daylight saving time begins
The promise of spring is closer as time moves forward an hour Sunday. When it does, the Effingham Fire Department is reminding residents to use time change as a reminder to replace the batteries in their smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.Continued ...
- Longtime Jasper Co. sheriff hanging up badge
- Effingham Co. sheriff's candidate forum video
- Quinn announces $1M in road projects for Effingham, Fayette counties
- Opinion: Hogs, wolves and bears? Oh my!
- Daylight saving time begins
Teutopolis advances to 4th straight Super-Sectional
Teutopolis couldn't have started each of the first three quarters any better.Continued ...
The Wooden Shoes Shoes took an 11-0 lead in the first five minutes of the first quarter and started the second and third quarters on 7-0 and 9-0 runs, respectively.
Their third-quarter outburst gave them the 17-point lead that was too much for Greenville to come back from. The Shoes won 64-53 to advance to Tuesday's Class 2A Carbondale Super-Sectional at Southern Illinois University. It's Teutopolis' fourth-straight trip to the Super-Sectional round.
- Maroons make history
- Zerrusen reflects on 1K milestone, career
- Teutopolis advances to 4th straight Super-Sectional
- Death Notices
VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
NBC's Today Show aired footage from a year-long project by TIME magazine to capture a 360-degree moving image from atop One World Trade Center, the 1,776-foot structure in New York City that is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.Continued ...
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- Frigid U.S. weather means highest power prices since '08
- Do flu shots cause runny noses?
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- CNHI News Service Originals
2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
Health officials say packages of Original Skittles sold at a convenience store in Richmond, Ind., were contaminated, and two people who ate from a package were hospitalized with symptoms including burning throats, cramping and diarrhea.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Apple iPhone to become more car-friendly
- VIDEO: Best moments from the 2014 Oscars
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles