- Local News
Sheriff's candidates square off
The white gloves campaign for Effingham County sheriff continued Friday with a candidate forum that could best be described as genial.Continued ...
- Coroner identifies Lake Sara man
- St. Elmo, Brownstown considering consolidation
- Neoga to host community forums on potential cuts
- House bill would provide propane tax cut
- Sheriff's candidates square off
Zerrusen reflects on 1K milestone, career
Josie Zerrusen used to be a handful for her Effingham coaches, but turned into a headache for opponents by the end her senior season.Continued ...
Zerrusen, the only one of four Hearts seniors to reach 1,000 points in her career this season, was preoccupied with scoring points as a sophomore on a 20-10 team in 2012.
But the Hearts improved as Zerrusen matured, recording 54 wins in the last two seasons, including a school-record 28 this season and a regional championship. Zerrusen grew up by changing her attitude and refusing to take summers off.
- All-NTC showdown set at sectionals
- Olney ends Effingham's season
- Zerrusen reflects on 1K milestone, career
- Death Notices
Mack B. Kitten, 78, of Teutopolis, died at 1:05 p.m. Thursday, March 6, 2014, at his home surrounded by his loving and devoted wife, six children, and 16 grandchildren.Continued ...
- Dorothy Stuckemeyer
- Louise Niendick
- William Nyberg
- Wayne Niehaus
- Mack Kitten
VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
NBC's Today Show aired footage from a year-long project by TIME magazine to capture a 360-degree moving image from atop One World Trade Center, the 1,776-foot structure in New York City that is the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.Continued ...
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- Frigid U.S. weather means highest power prices since '08
- Do flu shots cause runny noses?
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- CNHI News Service Originals
2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
Health officials say packages of Original Skittles sold at a convenience store in Richmond, Ind., were contaminated, and two people who ate from a package were hospitalized with symptoms including burning throats, cramping and diarrhea.Continued ...
- VIDEO: Apple iPhone to become more car-friendly
- VIDEO: Best moments from the 2014 Oscars
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles