According to The Wellness Loft counselor Amy Guy, a test or meeting can bring on stress, causing a person’s breathing and heart rate to accelerate. While, she says, some stress can be good when your body is getting ready to perform, a constant state of stress can be toxic.
Taming the anxiety monster
Young people today are inundated with technology, expectations and unhealthy life choices, which according to The Wellness Loft counselor and owner Amy Guy can cause stress.
- Taming the anxiety monster
- Latest News Posts
Hearts to prep with Mattoon 7-on-7
Two weeks ago, Effingham was supposed to start shaking off the rust with a 7-on-7 football tournament in Mattoon. Naturally, it rained and was canceled.Continued ...
So Saturday, the Flaming Hearts will head up to Mattoon and play their first 7-on-7 event of the season, taking part in an 10- team field with Mattoon, Rochester, Robinson, Marshall, Cahokia and Pleasant Plains from Illinois, with Terre Haute North and Northview coming from Indiana. Rochester is bringing two squads.
- Newton Post 20 plays Belleville Saturday
- Effingham's season comes to a close with 11-1 loss to Salem
- Hearts to prep with Mattoon 7-on-7
- Death Notices
Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
Any parent or teacher can tell you that schoolchildren tend to slip back a bit academically over the long summer break. But now a Harvard University study has come up with troubling indications that they also gain weight more quickly during those months when, traditionally, we hope they're outdoors much of the time, enjoying the summer sun.Continued ...
- Lean retirement looms for Generation X
- Father's Day cards make subjects the targets of jokes
- Texting while driving is latest teen risk as smoking declines
- Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
- CNHI News Service Originals
Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death
Unchecked tears rolled down Paul Martin’s lined face as he clutched the hand of an Air Force servicewoman who handed him a handwritten note at the graveside service for his older brother.Continued ...
- Elderly woman accused of killing 89-year-old husband
- Judge's wife admits she spiked his wine with antifreeze
- Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death