An accident on U.S. 40 slowed traffic on the highway Monday morning.
Accident slows traffic on U.S. 40
An accident with injuries occurred on U.S. 40 Monday morning in front of Brumleve Industries between Effingham and Teutopolis. Details of the accident are not available at this time. Updates to follow.
- Accident slows traffic on U.S. 40
- Latest News Posts
Comeback win keeps Post 20 alive in 10-7 win
Newton Post 120 didn’t let a 4-1 deficit get to them against Highland Post 439, using a patient approach in the face of an elimination game.Continued ...
Three bases-loaded walks in the bottom of the third tied the game at 4-4, and with the bases loaded down 5-4 in the fourth, Tim Weber broke the game open with a two-run double and an error.
By the time the dust settled, Newton led 10-5 heading to the sixth inning and would hold on to a 10-7 win to keep its season alive.
- Salem deals Newton first divisional loss
- Newton Post 20 bests Belleville Post 58 in opener 6-1
- Comeback win keeps Post 20 alive in 10-7 win
- Death Notices
Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
Any parent or teacher can tell you that schoolchildren tend to slip back a bit academically over the long summer break. But now a Harvard University study has come up with troubling indications that they also gain weight more quickly during those months when, traditionally, we hope they're outdoors much of the time, enjoying the summer sun.Continued ...
- Lean retirement looms for Generation X
- Father's Day cards make subjects the targets of jokes
- Texting while driving is latest teen risk as smoking declines
- Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
- CNHI News Service Originals
Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death
Unchecked tears rolled down Paul Martin’s lined face as he clutched the hand of an Air Force servicewoman who handed him a handwritten note at the graveside service for his older brother.Continued ...
- Elderly woman accused of killing 89-year-old husband
- Judge's wife admits she spiked his wine with antifreeze
- Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death