An Effingham Firefighter inspects the eaves on a home at 507 Park Hills Drive. Smoke exited the home through the eaves after a kitchen fire filled the house with smoke.
Kitchen fire damages home
An unattended kitchen stove led to a full-still fire call at 507 Park Hills Drive Tuesday afternoon.
- Kitchen fire damages home
- Latest News Posts
Newton's season ends in 14-4 loss
Newton Post 20 almost pulled another comeback off against the Orient Miners, cutting a 5-1 deficit to 5-4 midway through Monday night’s game.Continued ...
But Newton’s Junior Legion Fifth Division tournament run came to an end, as Orient rattled off nine runs in the sixth inning and clinched a spot in the state tournament with a 14-4 win.
- Comeback win keeps Post 20 alive in 10-7 win
- Salem deals Newton first divisional loss
- Newton's season ends in 14-4 loss
- Death Notices
Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
Any parent or teacher can tell you that schoolchildren tend to slip back a bit academically over the long summer break. But now a Harvard University study has come up with troubling indications that they also gain weight more quickly during those months when, traditionally, we hope they're outdoors much of the time, enjoying the summer sun.Continued ...
- Lean retirement looms for Generation X
- Father's Day cards make subjects the targets of jokes
- Texting while driving is latest teen risk as smoking declines
- Study: Kids gain weight more quickly over summer break
- CNHI News Service Originals
Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death
Unchecked tears rolled down Paul Martin’s lined face as he clutched the hand of an Air Force servicewoman who handed him a handwritten note at the graveside service for his older brother.Continued ...
- Elderly woman accused of killing 89-year-old husband
- Judge's wife admits she spiked his wine with antifreeze
- Airman laid to rest back home in Indiana six decades after death