- Local News
Coroner: Natural causes claim local woman's life
Authorities say the death of a 53-year-old Effingham woman resulted from natural causes.Continued ...
- Ice hammers marina dock at Lake Sara
- Brownstown man sentenced for meth possession
- Origin of school facility sales tax dates to 1990s
- Local farmer speaks out against wind project
- Coroner: Natural causes claim local woman's life
Shoes "ready to break through"
The eight Teutopolis Wooden Shoes seniors have accomplished enough to make almost every other high school in Illinois jealous.Continued ...
- Three area runners medal at SIU
- Teutopolis advances to 4th straight Super-Sectional
- Shoes "ready to break through"
- Death Notices
Mary Louise Fristoe, 80, of St. Elmo, passed away at 8:06 a.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014, at Presence Covenant Medical Center, Urbana. Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Tuesday at C & A Pagel Funeral Home, St. Elmo, with burial in Maplewood CemetContinued ...
- Earl Loy
- Scott Morgan
- Patrick Pendergast
- Sharon Wells
- Mary Fristoe
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.Continued ...
- VIDEO: A panoramic view from atop One World Trade Center
- Staples to close 225 stores as online competition hurts sales
- Frigid U.S. weather means highest power prices since '08
- Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
- CNHI News Service Originals
VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years
The mummified body of a Michigan woman was discovered in the backseat of her car approximately six years after her death. The body was only found after the bank that foreclosed on the home ordered work on the property.Continued ...
- 2 in Indiana sickened after eating contaminated Skittles
- VIDEO: Apple iPhone to become more car-friendly
- VIDEO: Michigan woman's death, mummified body hidden by auto-pay for six years